2003-09-15 15:30:09

by Matthias Thomae

Subject: bfusb 1.1 firmware loading and rc-scripts

Hello Marcel, list,

since upgrading from bfusb 1.0 to 1.1 I have problems creating bluetooth
connections at system start form the rc-scripts on a debian/unstable
system, such as PAN or CMTP connections.

I think this is because the old bfusb version was returning only when
the firmware has finished loading into the dongle (which takes a few
seconds), whereas the new version returns immediately and loads the
firmware in the background. Is this correct? When putting "sleep 10" in
one of the rc scripts, it works as before.

Is there a way to detect when the firmware loading is finished, or would
you consider to change back to the old behaviour?

Regards.
Matthias

2003-09-17 00:04:14

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: bfusb 1.1 firmware loading and rc-scripts

Hi Matthias,

> Ok, then the rc-scripts might need to wait until the hci device is up?
> Or would you rather handle this through a daemon which has a --persist
> option like pand?

if you really need it, what about bluetooth.agent ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Matthias Thomae

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>>firmware in the background. Is this correct? When putting "sleep 10" in
>>one of the rc scripts, it works as before.
>>

>the firmware loading routine is the same and blocks until the firmware
>is loading. The only difference is where the firmware file comes from.

I see. Then it must be some other change I did which causes the
different behaviour...

>>Is there a way to detect when the firmware loading is finished, or would
>>you consider to change back to the old behaviour?
>>

>The current driver is working fine and the firmware loading is finished,

I wasn't meaning to imply that the driver didn't work fine, it even
works *very* fine for me :)

>when the HCI device is created.

Ok, then the rc-scripts might need to wait until the hci device is up?
Or would you rather handle this through a daemon which has a --persist
option like pand?
Edd, what do you think?

Regards.
Matthias