2007-04-05 11:20:06

by Michał Majchrowicz

Subject: [Bluez-users] Random MAC/MAC Spoofing.

Hi.
I have a small problem. I bought Bluetooth USB dongle and it has
annoying feature. Everytime I plug it in/out it has different mac
address :( Is there any way to turn this feature off? Or maybe there
is some way to change mac address? Like with eth inferfaces?
Regards Michal.

by Michał Majchrowicz

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Random MAC/MAC Spoofing.

Okay. Thanks.
I wil contact the guy :)

On 4/5/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> > Is it ossible that I bought two broken dongles and before the guy sold
> > them (without openning ) he knew that they will work in this way ?
>
> no. The Bluetooth device address _must_ be unique.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michal,

> Is it ossible that I bought two broken dongles and before the guy sold
> them (without openning ) he knew that they will work in this way ?

no. The Bluetooth device address _must_ be unique.

Regards

Marcel

by Michał Majchrowicz

Is it ossible that I bought two broken dongles and before the guy sold
them (without openning ) he knew that they will work in this way ?
Regards Michal.

On 4/5/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> > It doesn't do anything useful for me :(
> > I heard it is possible to set custom MAC for bluetooth but I am unable
> > to find such option in bluez-utils :(
>
> and again. This dongle is broken. Return it and get a real one.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michal,

> It doesn't do anything useful for me :(
> I heard it is possible to set custom MAC for bluetooth but I am unable
> to find such option in bluez-utils :(

and again. This dongle is broken. Return it and get a real one.

Regards

Marcel

by Michał Majchrowicz

Hi I tried it.

On 4/5/07, Micha=B3 Majchrowicz <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]

Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: ACCEPT MASTER
Name: 'Lapek new :D'
Class: 0x3e0100
Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 2.0 (0x3) HCI Rev: 0x3000 LMP Ver: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subver: 0x420b
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

On 4/5/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> > I have a small problem. I bought Bluetooth USB dongle and it has
> > annoying feature. Everytime I plug it in/out it has different mac
> > address :( Is there any way to turn this feature off? Or maybe there
> > is some way to change mac address? Like with eth inferfaces?
>
> that is not a feature. That is a broken dongle. You actually need to
> return it to the store. However first show me "hciconfig -a".

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michal,