2008-05-19 10:43:44

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] specifiy path to socket file (hcid)

Hi,

how can I specify a path where hcid should look for the socket which is
created by dbus?
Didn't find anything in "man hcid.conf" or other docs
At the moment the path seems to be just set to PREFIX ( which was set at
compile time) with the string added var/run/dbus.
Since Im crosscompiling PREFIX is the path to my toolchain and not my
favorite place of the socket file in my target system.

thanks.

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (431.00 B)
(No filename) (507.00 B)
(No filename) (230.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] specifiy path to socket file (hcid)

Hi Fritz,

> how can I specify a path where hcid should look for the socket which
> is created by dbus?
> Didn't find anything in "man hcid.conf" or other docs
> At the moment the path seems to be just set to PREFIX ( which was set
> at compile time) with the string added var/run/dbus.
> Since Im crosscompiling PREFIX is the path to my toolchain and not my
> favorite place of the socket file in my target system.

there must be some D-Bus environment variable set before you run hcid.
It think it is something like DBUS_SYSTEM_PATH or so. Check the D-Bus
documentation or source code.

Regards

Marcel