2008-05-20 08:04:21

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] Cant receive signals from Adapter (low-level dbus API)

Hi,

attached is a small test application.
With this application I want to test the handling of signals from bluez
Adapter.
Therefore I always change the name of my bluetooth device, in order to make
the adapter to
generate a signal.
Unfortunately I cant receive this signal.
I can set and get the name correctly.
BUt it seems I receive at least some signals:
When I start the application I get a signal with value :1.20
If I remove my usb bluetooth dongle I get a signal with value off.

In another application I had the same problem (receiving not the expected
signals: e.g.: DiscoveryStarted() ... )
when I sent signal DiscoverDevices.

thanks.

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (679.00 B)
(No filename) (773.00 B)
test.c (4.48 kB)
(No filename) (230.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fritz Code

Well I've build everything again (kernel modules, and bluez lib and utils)
and the problem seems to be fixed at this point.
I go in to detail tomorrow.

--Fritz

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Fritz Code <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Well I did some further investigation concerning this problem and can
> provide you more details.
> Bluez doesn't generate an event in cases it is supposed to.
> I have started the dbus-monitor, if I plug an USB BLuetooth dongle to my
> USB port dbus-monitor lists signal from /org/bluez.
> I also get a signal when i remove the device.
> But I can't see any activity on the dbus when ich e.g. scan for remote
> devices or if I change the name of the local device.
>
> Has anybody an idea why bluez doesn't emit the expected signals?
>
> thanks,
> Fritz
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Fritz Code <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> attached is a small test application.
>> With this application I want to test the handling of signals from bluez
>> Adapter.
>> Therefore I always change the name of my bluetooth device, in order to
>> make the adapter to
>> generate a signal.
>> Unfortunately I cant receive this signal.
>> I can set and get the name correctly.
>> BUt it seems I receive at least some signals:
>> When I start the application I get a signal with value :1.20
>> If I remove my usb bluetooth dongle I get a signal with value off.
>>

>> In another application I had the same problem (receiving not the expected
>> signals: e.g.: DiscoveryStarted() ... )
>> when I sent signal DiscoverDevices.
>>

>> thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> --Codefritz
>>

> --
> Regards,
> --Codefritz

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.68 kB)
(No filename) (2.37 kB)
(No filename) (230.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fritz Code

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> attached is a small test application.
> With this application I want to test the handling of signals from bluez
> Adapter.
> Therefore I always change the name of my bluetooth device, in order to make
> the adapter to
> generate a signal.
> Unfortunately I cant receive this signal.
> I can set and get the name correctly.
> BUt it seems I receive at least some signals:
> When I start the application I get a signal with value :1.20
> If I remove my usb bluetooth dongle I get a signal with value off.
>

> In another application I had the same problem (receiving not the expected
> signals: e.g.: DiscoveryStarted() ... )
> when I sent signal DiscoverDevices.
>

> thanks.
>
> --