2008-05-27 07:34:10

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Keyboard Kernel 2.4

Hi,

I have to connect a bluetooth keyboard, I'm using Kernel 2.4.21.
The bluetooth subsystem and bluez utils (hcitool, hcid, hciconfig) work so
far.

Well I have two options now, try this way (which is not related to bluez):
http://klausler.com/msbtkb-linux.html

Or try to use bluez.
If I use bluez I have to load hidp.o module, right?
But my kernel 2.4.21 doesn't provide such a module.

So I'm not sure what to do in order to get a bluetooth keyboard running in
my Kernel 2.4.21.
If there are any hints / experiences.

Note: I'm flexible in the keyboard type and manufactuarer, so if anybody
can recommend a keyboard for the use of Kernel 2.4.21 I would appreciate
that.

Thanks.
Fritz.

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (719.00 B)
(No filename) (950.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fritz Code

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Keyboard Kernel 2.4

Yes thats right.
Its running on an embedded Linux, an upgrade to Kernel 2.6 is not possible.

--Fritz

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Thomas Ilnseher <[email protected]> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 27.05.2008, 09:34 +0200 schrieb Fritz Code:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to connect a bluetooth keyboard, I'm using Kernel 2.4.21.
> > The bluetooth subsystem and bluez utils (hcitool, hcid, hciconfig)
> > work so far.
> >
> > Well I have two options now, try this way (which is not related to
> > bluez):
> > http://klausler.com/msbtkb-linux.html
> >
> > Or try to use bluez.
> > If I use bluez I have to load hidp.o module, right?
> > But my kernel 2.4.21 doesn't provide such a module.
> >
> > So I'm not sure what to do in order to get a bluetooth keyboard
> > running in my Kernel 2.4.21.
> why are you running such an old kernel ?
> embedded system ?

> > If there are any hints / experiences.
> >
> > Note: I'm flexible in the keyboard type and manufactuarer, so if
> > anybody can recommend a keyboard for the use of Kernel 2.4.21 I would
> > appreciate that.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Fritz.
> >

> > --