2008-06-21 09:13:00

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] problemes using passkeyagent d-bus interface

Hi,

did everything to implement a passkey-agent. ( using bluez 3.31)
The problem is, althouth I've implemented everything the same way, and it
definitely should be right, only the method "Reqest" gets
called, but the other ones, Keypress. Cancel, Confirm, Complete not?
Using dbus-monitor I can only see Signals but no method-calls, so I dont
know if the method calls get executed.

thanks

This might be the interesting lines of hcidump:

> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
01 0C 04 00 45 61 00 00 18 00
> HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
45 61 00 00 18 00
< HCI Command: PIN Code Request Reply (0x01|0x000d) plen 23
45 61 00 00 18 00 04 31 32 33 34 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
01 0D 04 00 45 61 00 00 18 00
> HCI Event: Link Key Notification (0x18) plen 23
45 61 00 00 18 00 44 79 C3 01 5D 2C CC 3C A6 DC BF D5 C7 DA
02 54 00
> HCI Event: Auth Complete (0x06) plen 3
00 29 00
< HCI Command: Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
29 00 13
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
00 01 06 04
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
00 29 00 16

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.14 kB)
(No filename) (1.38 kB)
(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fritz,

> did everything to implement a passkey-agent. ( using bluez 3.31)
> The problem is, althouth I've implemented everything the same way, and
> it definitely should be right, only the method "Reqest" gets
> called, but the other ones, Keypress. Cancel, Confirm, Complete not?
> Using dbus-monitor I can only see Signals but no method-calls, so I
> dont know if the method calls get executed.

the other ones are for Simple Pairing support and where never
implemented properly. Starting with bluez-utils-3.33 we do have Simple
Pairing support, but we it will we only supported on the the 4.x D-Bus
API with the new interfaces. You can call hcid -x to switch it on and
all documentation is inside the doc/ directory.

Regards

Marcel