2008-07-02 08:50:32

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] CancelBondingProcess -> Not authorized

Want to cancel a running bonding process by sending CancelBondingProcess.
But as a reply I get Not authorized, unfortunately.
What might be the problem (However, I'm root)?

In case I can send this message how can i detect a correct cancellation of
the BondingProcess?
In dbus-api.txt I've read something about the Signal AthenticationCanceled
but from which Interface gets this send?

thanks

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (419.00 B)
(No filename) (490.00 B)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fritz,

> Im using utils-3.31.

start using 3.35 since we fixed a lot of stuff.

> Programm is coming soon..
>
> Might the scenario when I get on the bus with dbus_bus_get(), sending
> CreateBonding message and now do a dbus_connection_unref (accidently)
> after that try to send the CancelBonding message result in this error?

Yes.

> > well I guess you mean only the same programm which has sent the
> > CreateBonding signal can also send the CancelBonding signal?
> Is that true so far?

Yes.

Regards

Marcel

by Fritz Code

Im using utils-3.31.
Programm is coming soon..

Might the scenario when I get on the bus with dbus_bus_get(), sending
CreateBonding message and now do a dbus_connection_unref (accidently) after
that try to send the CancelBonding message result in this error?

> well I guess you mean only the same programm which has sent the
> CreateBonding signal can also send the CancelBonding signal?
Is that true so far?

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Fritz,
>
> (no
> > reconnection between so that it doesn't change its d-bus bus id)
> > But thats the case!
>
> show us your testing program. You are using bluez-utils-3.35?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.23 kB)
(No filename) (1.89 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fritz,

> well I guess you mean only the same programm which has sent the
> CreateBonding signal can also send the CancelBonding signal? (no
> reconnection between so that it doesn't change its d-bus bus id)
> But thats the case!

show us your testing program. You are using bluez-utils-3.35?

Regards

Marcel

by Fritz Code

Hi Marcel,

well I guess you mean only the same programm which has sent the
CreateBonding signal can also send the CancelBonding signal? (no
reconnection between so that it doesn't change its d-bus bus id)
But thats the case!

Fritz

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Fritz,
>
> > Want to cancel a running bonding process by sending
> > CancelBondingProcess.
> > But as a reply I get Not authorized, unfortunately.
> > What might be the problem (However, I'm root)?
>
> only the program (with the unique D-Bus bus id) can call this method.
> Same as that we will cancel any attempt automatically if the caller
> dies.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

--Codefritz