2008-07-18 13:18:40

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez new website and graphics of its architecture

Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this mail.
However, since some weeks the bluez project has a new website.
I really like its design but it seems there are less informations available
than provided by the old one.
E.g. Im missing these nice graphics of the architecture which present on
overview of the whole project
as a big picture. E.g. they visualized the dbus interfaces etc.
Another question is with which tool where they ware generated, I'm looking
for a linux tool to visualize the architecture of C-programs and integrate
them smoothly in a tex documentation.
I know xfig but it doesnt provide any up-to-date libraries.

However, I know you can get all the necessary informations about the dbus
Interfaces from the doc directory of the sources.

thanks

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (801.00 B)
(No filename) (910.00 B)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fritz Code

oh right I was confusing it with the wiki. But there's is now link from the
official page to the wiki so its hard to find the wiki.

Marcel, it sounds interesting to take part in the open source development by
supporting you with documentation. And at the same
time this is a good opportunity to get familiar with the bluez stack, but I
think I wont find the time at the moment to achieve that in a professional
level.

Fritz.

PS Concerning my original question to find a good linux tool for creating
diagrams, structure charts in order to visualize sources I found "Dia".
http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/
Its more intuitive to handle than Xfig and has a lot of, so called shapes to
satisfy the needs of creating many different types of charts and diagrams.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Johan Hedberg <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Jul 18, 2008, at 16:18, Fritz Code wrote:
> > E.g. Im missing these nice graphics of the architecture which
> > present on overview of the whole project
> > as a big picture. E.g. they visualized the dbus interfaces etc.
>
> Are you sure you aren't confusing between wiki.bluez.org and http://www.bluez.org
> ? AFAIK http://www.bluez.org has never had any diagrams of the D-Bus
> interfaces while wiki.bluez.org does have them.
>
> Johan

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.82 kB)
(No filename) (2.81 kB)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Johan Hedberg

Hi,

On Jul 18, 2008, at 16:18, Fritz Code wrote:
> E.g. Im missing these nice graphics of the architecture which
> present on overview of the whole project
> as a big picture. E.g. they visualized the dbus interfaces etc.

Are you sure you aren't confusing between wiki.bluez.org and http://www.bluez.org
? AFAIK http://www.bluez.org has never had any diagrams of the D-Bus
interfaces while wiki.bluez.org does have them.

Johan

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fritz,

> sorry if this is the wrong place to post this mail.
> However, since some weeks the bluez project has a new website.
> I really like its design but it seems there are less informations
> available than provided by the old one.
> E.g. Im missing these nice graphics of the architecture which present
> on overview of the whole project
> as a big picture. E.g. they visualized the dbus interfaces etc.
> Another question is with which tool where they ware generated, I'm
> looking for a linux tool to visualize the architecture of C-programs
> and integrate them smoothly in a tex documentation.
> I know xfig but it doesnt provide any up-to-date libraries.

if you wanna update the website and add these kind of information, then
I can give you access to it and you can start creating documentation.

Send me a private message with name, email address and preferred account
name. Or catch me on IRC.

Regards

Marcel