2008-08-18 13:22:09

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] old patches - where to get from?

I would like to get the patch to provide bluez bluetooth support for Kernel
2.4.21.
Some weeks ago this patch was available at bluez.org or
holtmann.org.Unfortunately it isn't anymore.
And can anybody tell me what this patch makes? I guess it provides support
for additional bluetooth devices as far as I kown for the AVM bluefritz usb
dongel?
Any other changes?

Another question: Why is the bluetooth bluez subsystem distributed in the
two folders drivers/bluetooth and net/bluetooth?
So at which location is what implemented?

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (564.00 B)
(No filename) (725.00 B)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] old patches - where to get from?

Hi,

> I would like to get the patch to provide bluez bluetooth support for
> Kernel 2.4.21.
> Some weeks ago this patch was available at bluez.org or
> holtmann.org.Unfortunately it isn't anymore.
> And can anybody tell me what this patch makes? I guess it provides
> support for additional bluetooth devices as far as I kown for the AVM
> bluefritz usb dongel?
> Any other changes?

the 2.4 kernel is no longer supported. That is an ancient kernel. You
should not be using that one.

> Another question: Why is the bluetooth bluez subsystem distributed in
> the two folders drivers/bluetooth and net/bluetooth?
> So at which location is what implemented?

I think that is quite clear. Protocols in net/bluetooth and drivers in
driver/bluetooth.

Regards

Marcel