2004-01-29 09:04:33

by Matthias Thomae

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Telephony with BT headset?

Hi Florian,

Florian Echtler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a BT headset lying around which came with my mobile
> phone. However, I don't use it with my mobile, so the idea
> crossed my mind that it could be possible to use the
> headset with my linux server to make phone calls using
> the ISDN system.
>
> I'm quite sure that this _is_ possible, as I can receive
> and send an audio stream via ISDN4Linux, and the same
> applies (more or less) to the headset via BlueZ.

There is a telephone application http://www.antcom.de/ant-phone/ which I
have tried with a cable headset.

> The question is now whether there is already some soft-
> ware to achieve this, or whether I'll have to start
> from scratch (BTW: is there any FAQ on how to send and
> receive audio streams from a BT headset?)

There is also some BT headset driver for ALSA
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jp/snd-bluez-sco/ which I haven't tried (yet).

Regards.
Matthias

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Matthias,

> > I have a BT headset lying around which came with my mobile
> > phone. However, I don't use it with my mobile, so the idea
> > crossed my mind that it could be possible to use the
> > headset with my linux server to make phone calls using
> > the ISDN system.
> >
> > I'm quite sure that this _is_ possible, as I can receive
> > and send an audio stream via ISDN4Linux, and the same
> > applies (more or less) to the headset via BlueZ.
>
> There is a telephone application http://www.antcom.de/ant-phone/ which I
> have tried with a cable headset.

has anyone tried this application with the capidrv? For example with a
AVM B1. I own one, but mine is build into the wrong machine for such
tests and I need it there. I run some tests with a BlueFRITZ! AP-ISDN
and call management stuff seems to work, but I don't hear anything on my
soundcard.

Is there anyone who will spend some time in adding native CAPI support
to this application?

Regards

Marcel

by Roland Stigge

Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Re: [Bluez-users] Telephony with BT headset?

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 11:14, Matthias Thomae wrote:
> > Is there anyone who will spend some time in adding native CAPI support
> > to this application?
>
> I guess Roland has to be asked this :) I cross-post this to his mailing
> list as well.

This is definitely on the TODO list. I hope to get more time for this
soon.

Feel free to contribute. Unfortunately, ant-phone is currently quite
/dev/ttyI* based.

bye,
Roland

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-02-02 10:14:07

by Matthias Thomae

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>>>I have a BT headset lying around which came with my mobile
>>>phone. However, I don't use it with my mobile, so the idea
>>>crossed my mind that it could be possible to use the
>>>headset with my linux server to make phone calls using
>>>the ISDN system.
>>>
>>>I'm quite sure that this _is_ possible, as I can receive
>>>and send an audio stream via ISDN4Linux, and the same
>>>applies (more or less) to the headset via BlueZ.
>>
>>There is a telephone application http://www.antcom.de/ant-phone/ which I
>>have tried with a cable headset.
>
> has anyone tried this application with the capidrv? For example with a
> AVM B1. I own one, but mine is build into the wrong machine for such
> tests and I need it there. I run some tests with a BlueFRITZ! AP-ISDN
> and call management stuff seems to work, but I don't hear anything on my
> soundcard.

In my setup, I used capidrv and a BlueZ cmtp connection to a BlueFritz!
AP-X (and a cable-headset), and it worked although I got large
latencies. Also see my post(s) at the ant-phone mailing list:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/ant-phone-devel/2003-11/msg00002.html