2004-03-19 20:19:58

by Oli Ellis

Subject: [Bluez-users] Extended functions of bluetooth keyboard (diNovo)

I have sucessfully got the logitech dinovo working in bluetooth mode.

kernel 2.6.4-rc1 with added mutibytes support (anyone know when that is
coming as standard?)
gentoo linux with cvs utils2 and libs2. All bluetooth kernel
functionality compiled directly into the kernel, not as modules.

I am using bthid daemon, which I presume feeds the events from the
bluetooth stack into the kernel via the uinput device (correct me if I
am wrong). However, the multimedia keys creates up a log messages from
bthid - for example
---
(press either mute button on keyboard or media pad)
bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc00e3
bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
---
Some messages are odder...
---
(press sleep (crescent) button on keyboard)
bthid[4128]: Unknown hid usage (0x10083 + 1)
bthid[4128]: Sleep button pressesd (ignored)
---
showkey reports no keycode or scancode, and obviously nothing in xev, so
I am guessing that this is a limitation in bthid. Is bthid configurable
in some way?

Also, does anyone know how to make the LCD panel on the media pad show
what you want? The calculator is hard-wired into the pad, so is
functional, but there is a 15 char X 3 line display and six LCD symbols.
Would it be possible to send arbritrary HCI commands with hcitool? I
have seen a rumour that it uses the hid++ spec, but where can I find
this? (google no help...)

That was a lot of questions, but thanks in advance to anyone who reads &
reponds.

-Oli

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Oli,

> kernel 2.6.4-rc1 with added mutibytes support (anyone know when that is
> coming as standard?)

it is part of 2.6.5-rc2.

> gentoo linux with cvs utils2 and libs2. All bluetooth kernel
> functionality compiled directly into the kernel, not as modules.
>
> I am using bthid daemon, which I presume feeds the events from the
> bluetooth stack into the kernel via the uinput device (correct me if I
> am wrong). However, the multimedia keys creates up a log messages from
> bthid - for example
> ---
> (press either mute button on keyboard or media pad)
> bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc00e3
> bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
> bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
> bthid[4128]: Unknown consumer usage 0xc0001
> ---
> Some messages are odder...
> ---
> (press sleep (crescent) button on keyboard)
> bthid[4128]: Unknown hid usage (0x10083 + 1)
> bthid[4128]: Sleep button pressesd (ignored)
> ---
> showkey reports no keycode or scancode, and obviously nothing in xev, so
> I am guessing that this is a limitation in bthid. Is bthid configurable
> in some way?

You have to fix bthid to send the correct key values to uinput. I have
no interest in doing it, but every patch is welcome.

> Also, does anyone know how to make the LCD panel on the media pad show
> what you want? The calculator is hard-wired into the pad, so is
> functional, but there is a 15 char X 3 line display and six LCD symbols.
> Would it be possible to send arbritrary HCI commands with hcitool? I
> have seen a rumour that it uses the hid++ spec, but where can I find
> this? (google no help...)

Once I had hacked this stuff, but I lost my notes and my demo code for
it. Check the mailing list archive if I had posted some comments about
the media pad.

Regards

Marcel