2004-04-25 23:45:17

by Zi Ming GAO

Subject: [Bluez-users] can't get bthid

Hey guys,
The problem i'm having is i get the follow error when i try to start
bthid,

Can't connect to HID service: No such file or directory

Now the bluetooth i'm using is the logitech MX900 with the logitech
bluetooth dodge. The software i'm using are lib2 and utils2 both from
the cvs. I managed to get hid2hci working and from the
/proc/bus/usb/devices i can tell the hub is in bluetooth mode. Running
"hciconfig hci0 up" to bring the bluetooth interface up, which works
fine. "hcid" also ran fine. I could manually linked up the mouse with
the hub by using "hcitool cc <mouse address>". Other command such as
"hcitool scan" "hcitool inq" all works fine.

I had problems previously getting hid2hci working. And it's due to the
fact that i'm running on a customised linux and i forgot to enable usb
raw hid access. anyway ... under my dev i have
/dev/misc/uinput
/dev/input/hid/hiddev[0..15]
and also other rfcomms and other bluetooth essentials under /dev
i also updated modprobe.inf with bluetooth alias from other posts

from what i understand bthid should be accessing the uinput device ...
is there other devices that bthid requires???
because the error message looks like i'm missing a devices file somewhere
or probably forgot to compiled in something necessory ...

anyway any help will be appreciated ... thanks ...

by Mykel

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] can't get bthid

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Mykel,
>

>>Hey hey! I got somewhere! (Thanks! I'm so happy about this!) But after
>>reboot, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong... It seems I need to hit
>>connect every time I restart... Maybe I have the sequence of commands
>>wrong?
>>
>>bthid -d
>>hcid
>>bthid -c xx:xx:xx:...
>>

>you should start hcid before you start any other Bluetooth daemon and
>the "bthid -c" is only needed once. The HID device will reconnect by
>itself after you pressed a key.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Tried this now a few times but it doesn't seem to work, I *must* bthid
-c and press connect after an extended idle period

Apr 26 22:09:37 immutable logger: ACPI group button/lid / action LID0 is
not defined
Apr 26 22:32:41 immutable -- MARK --
Apr 26 22:39:38 immutable bthid[1166]: Disconnected: Logitech Bluetooth
Mouse (046d:b001)

So, it takes 20 minutes to disconnect. I return and there's no mouse
working obviously:

root@immutable:~# bthid -c 00:07:61:14:5c:a7

==> messages <==
Apr 26 23:30:30 immutable bthid[1166]: Connection failed: Connection
refused (111)

root@immutable:~# bthid -c 00:07:61:14:5c:a7
root@immutable:~# bthid -c 00:07:61:14:5c:a7
(press connect on mouse)
root@immutable:~#
Apr 26 23:30:38 immutable last message repeated 3 times
Apr 26 23:30:47 immutable bthid[1166]: Connected: Logitech Bluetooth
Mouse (046d:b001)
root@immutable:~#

2004-04-26 09:52:50

by Marcel Holtmann

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Myke,
>

>>I have the exact same problem! I just joined this mailing list yesterday
>>to ask this same question.
>>I have a BlueTooth equipped laptop and I have the Logitech cradle
>>plugged in... I have no idea what I'm doing tho. I've seen
>>http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html and followed what I can, but
>>I still get the same errors.
>>
>>But like I said, I'm just doing this stuff blindly, I'm quite clueless
>>at most of this. :(
>>

>you must start a daemon instance first. Run "bthid -d" before trying to
>use the "-c" switch.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Hey hey! I got somewhere! (Thanks! I'm so happy about this!) But after
reboot, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong... It seems I need to hit
connect every time I restart... Maybe I have the sequence of commands wrong?

bthid -d
hcid
bthid -c xx:xx:xx:...

?

2004-04-26 01:09:06

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Myke,

> I have the exact same problem! I just joined this mailing list yesterday
> to ask this same question.
> I have a BlueTooth equipped laptop and I have the Logitech cradle
> plugged in... I have no idea what I'm doing tho. I've seen
> http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html and followed what I can, but
> I still get the same errors.
>
> But like I said, I'm just doing this stuff blindly, I'm quite clueless
> at most of this. :(

you must start a daemon instance first. Run "bthid -d" before trying to
use the "-c" switch.

Regards

Marcel

by Mykel

I have the exact same problem! I just joined this mailing list yesterday
to ask this same question.
I have a BlueTooth equipped laptop and I have the Logitech cradle
plugged in... I have no idea what I'm doing tho. I've seen
http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html and followed what I can, but
I still get the same errors.

But like I said, I'm just doing this stuff blindly, I'm quite clueless
at most of this. :(

Myke

Zi Ming GAO wrote:

> Hey guys,
> The problem i'm having is i get the follow error when i try to
> start bthid,
>
> Can't connect to HID service: No such file or directory
>
> Now the bluetooth i'm using is the logitech MX900 with the logitech
> bluetooth dodge. The software i'm using are lib2 and utils2 both from
> the cvs. I managed to get hid2hci working and from the
> /proc/bus/usb/devices i can tell the hub is in bluetooth mode. Running
> "hciconfig hci0 up" to bring the bluetooth interface up, which works
> fine. "hcid" also ran fine. I could manually linked up the mouse with
> the hub by using "hcitool cc <mouse address>". Other command such as
> "hcitool scan" "hcitool inq" all works fine.
>
> I had problems previously getting hid2hci working. And it's due to the
> fact that i'm running on a customised linux and i forgot to enable usb
> raw hid access. anyway ... under my dev i have
> /dev/misc/uinput
> /dev/input/hid/hiddev[0..15]
> and also other rfcomms and other bluetooth essentials under /dev
> i also updated modprobe.inf with bluetooth alias from other posts
>
> from what i understand bthid should be accessing the uinput device ...
> is there other devices that bthid requires???
> because the error message looks like i'm missing a devices file somewhere
> or probably forgot to compiled in something necessory ...
>
> anyway any help will be appreciated ... thanks ...

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> The problem i'm having is i get the follow error when i try to start
> bthid,
>
> Can't connect to HID service: No such file or directory

you must start a bthid daemon instance with "bthid -d" first.

> Now the bluetooth i'm using is the logitech MX900 with the logitech
> bluetooth dodge. The software i'm using are lib2 and utils2 both from
> the cvs. I managed to get hid2hci working and from the
> /proc/bus/usb/devices i can tell the hub is in bluetooth mode. Running
> "hciconfig hci0 up" to bring the bluetooth interface up, which works
> fine. "hcid" also ran fine. I could manually linked up the mouse with
> the hub by using "hcitool cc <mouse address>". Other command such as
> "hcitool scan" "hcitool inq" all works fine.

Don't play with "hcitool cc". The HCI connection is created automaticly
when needed.

Regards

Marcel

by Matias Pablo Brutti

I was wondering if you could share all the step that you took to make your =
=2E.=20
MX900 to work . because I have been trying but there is no way to make it=20
work as a bluetooth device ... what modules you load .. and where you=20
configure you mouse to work .. because I managed to connect the mouse and=20
hcidump.. gives me all kind of info everytime I move the mouse .. but .. th=
e=20
pointer does not move ..=20

Please if you have some way of how to ... that you did .. please .. share=20
it .. I will mean the world to me ..=20

THanks ..=20

On Friday 30 April 2004 12:07, pro wrote:
> thanks ... both keyboard and mouse are working fine now.
>
> The fn key doesn't seems to work thou.
>
> also i noticed that when i run hid2hci, it doesn't always switch the
> dodgle from hid to hci.
> Sometimes i have to run it 2nd time to get it to work.
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >> The problem i'm having is i get the follow error when i try to start
> >>bthid,
> >>
> >>Can't connect to HID service: No such file or directory
> >
> >you must start a bthid daemon instance with "bthid -d" first.
> >
> >>Now the bluetooth i'm using is the logitech MX900 with the logitech
> >>bluetooth dodge. The software i'm using are lib2 and utils2 both from
> >>the cvs. I managed to get hid2hci working and from the
> >>/proc/bus/usb/devices i can tell the hub is in bluetooth mode. Running
> >>"hciconfig hci0 up" to bring the bluetooth interface up, which works
> >>fine. "hcid" also ran fine. I could manually linked up the mouse with
> >>the hub by using "hcitool cc <mouse address>". Other command such as
> >>"hcitool scan" "hcitool inq" all works fine.
> >
> >Don't play with "hcitool cc". The HCI connection is created automaticly
> >when needed.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Marcel

by pro