2004-08-11 17:15:23

by Raphael Clifford

Subject: [Bluez-users] File size limit and nokia 6230

Hi,

I am trying to send a file to my Nokia 6230 phone using gnome-bluetooth.
Everything works well except that it seems to only send it to the
phone's main memory. The problem is that I have a 256MB flash mmc card
in the phone and the phone's memory is only 8.8MB. Is there any way to
send a file directly to the memory card or do I have to split up
everything so that it can fit in 8.8MB before then saving it to flash
memory.

Raphael

by Raphael Clifford

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] File size limit and nokia 6230

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Raphael,
>

>>Thanks. I don't mind dropping gnome-bluetooth. In fact I am happier
>>using the command line in general Are there any other tools that might
>>do the job?
>>

>I started working on the tools in the obex CVS repository to implement
>the Push and FTP profiles. Check it out, but don't expect full working
>tools.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Thanks very much and to everyone else who replied with useful info.

Cheers,
Raphael

2004-08-12 09:03:28

by Alexandre Boeglin

Le jeudi 12 ao=FBt 2004 =E0 10:46, Bc. Michal Semler a =E9crit :
> No, there aren't :) ussp-push works with inbox only too. But You better=
spam=20

Yes, there is : obexftp (at least from what the manpage tells) is a
command line tool that supports bluetooth, obex, and directories.

http://triq.net/obex/

Regards,
Alex
--=20
Alexandre Boeglin
e. mail : [email protected] | Jabber : [email protected]
ICQ UIN : 38852646 | Website : http://www.boeglin.org/
GPG fingerprint : 6B02 86CA A79E FA83 2FF0 3B83 14DE 4187 39C1 2786

by CIJOML

Dne =E8t 12. srpna 2004 10:35 Raphael Clifford napsal(a):
> Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> >Hi Raphael,
> >
> >>Well yes and no :) The problem is that it is clear how to solve this
> >>problem using windows/pcsuite and a cable. The question I need to know
> >>is is there some other way to send files using Bluez other than the
> >>method I used. What I did was simply copy and paste to the phone icon
> >>in nautilus, having started gnome-bluetooth. I think this means I did
> >>an OBEX push (?). Clearly, whatever Windows is doing is different.
> >>Specifically, you can actually see the memory card from the PC software
> >>which enables you to drag and drop directly to it.
> >
> >maybe the problem is that gnome-bluetooth can only send to the INBOX and
> >your memory card is mounted to another path. However this is not a
> >problem report for the BlueZ mailing list. Use the gnome-bluetooth
> >mailing list instead.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Marcel
>
> Thanks. I don't mind dropping gnome-bluetooth. In fact I am happier
> using the command line in general Are there any other tools that might
> do the job?

No, there aren't :) ussp-push works with inbox only too. But You better spa=
m=20
gnome-bluetooth with this problem three-times per hour :D They will work=20
faster then :))) (sorry for joke :) )

Michal

> Raphael

by Marcel Holtmann

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Raphael,
>

>>Well yes and no :) The problem is that it is clear how to solve this
>>problem using windows/pcsuite and a cable. The question I need to know
>>is is there some other way to send files using Bluez other than the
>>method I used. What I did was simply copy and paste to the phone icon
>>in nautilus, having started gnome-bluetooth. I think this means I did
>>an OBEX push (?). Clearly, whatever Windows is doing is different.
>>Specifically, you can actually see the memory card from the PC software
>>which enables you to drag and drop directly to it.
>>

>maybe the problem is that gnome-bluetooth can only send to the INBOX and
>your memory card is mounted to another path. However this is not a
>problem report for the BlueZ mailing list. Use the gnome-bluetooth
>mailing list instead.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Thanks. I don't mind dropping gnome-bluetooth. In fact I am happier
using the command line in general Are there any other tools that might
do the job?

Raphael

2004-08-12 08:26:35

Collin R. Mulliner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>this is a Nokia problem/topic maybe you try one of the nokia news groups
>in the news net or one of the nokia forums.

Hi,

Well yes and no :) The problem is that it is clear how to solve this
problem using windows/pcsuite and a cable. The question I need to know
is is there some other way to send files using Bluez other than the
method I used. What I did was simply copy and paste to the phone icon
in nautilus, having started gnome-bluetooth. I think this means I did
an OBEX push (?). Clearly, whatever Windows is doing is different.
Specifically, you can actually see the memory card from the PC software
which enables you to drag and drop directly to it.

Cheers,
Raphael
P.S. The Nokia 6230 is not a Symbian phone sadly.

by Taneli Vähäkangas

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 20:15, Raphael Clifford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send a file to my Nokia 6230 phone using gnome-bluetooth.
> Everything works well except that it seems to only send it to the
> phone's main memory. The problem is that I have a 256MB flash mmc card
> in the phone and the phone's memory is only 8.8MB. Is there any way to
> send a file directly to the memory card or do I have to split up
> everything so that it can fit in 8.8MB before then saving it to flash
> memory.

If this is one of the Symbian phones, you can try to use p3nfs:
http://www.koeniglich.de/p3nfs.html

I don't think this is possible with the nokia standard tools.

Taneli

by Collin R. Mulliner

Hi,

this is a Nokia problem/topic maybe you try one of the nokia news groups
in the news net or one of the nokia forums.

... Collin

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:15:23 +0100
Raphael Clifford <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send a file to my Nokia 6230 phone using
> gnome-bluetooth. Everything works well except that it seems to only
> send it to the phone's main memory. The problem is that I have a 256MB
> flash mmc card in the phone and the phone's memory is only 8.8MB. Is
> there any way to send a file directly to the memory card or do I have
> to split up everything so that it can fit in 8.8MB before then saving
> it to flash memory.
>
> Raphael

Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]