2004-09-07 20:03:48

by David Stennett

Subject: [Bluez-users] System Freeze....

Has anybody had a problem with their system freezing when putting in a
USB dongle? Seems whole system freezes when I put my USB dongle into
the USB port .... :(

D.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] System Freeze....

Hi David,

> It looks like USB host driver problem - try ask usb guys

I agree with Michal and you maybe should give a 2.6 kernel a chance ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Johannes

I would try to compile the kernel. after patching the soruces. this=20
could be helpful.

Bc. Michal Semler wrote:

>It looks like USB host driver problem - try ask usb guys
>
>Michal
>
>Dne st 8. z=E1=F8=ED 2004 10:58 David Stennett napsal(a):
> =20
>
>>Sorry, here is more information from myside:
>>
>>We are using kernel 2.4.27 with bluez patch.
>>System freezes while it's running and u try to put usb device into a sl=
ot.
>>When I boot up with USB device already in computer there is no problem.
>>
>>On the other system I have, is exactly the same 1:1 installation /
>>configuration and this is ok.
>>Is this possible that this is hardware related?
>>
>>David
>>
>>On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:09:59 +0200, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]=
g>=20
>> =20
>>
>wrote:
> =20
>
>>>Hi Johannes,
>>>
>>> =20

>>>when you talk about such problems then always include your kernel
>>>version. Otherwise we can't tell you anything about it.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Marcel
>>> =20

> =20

by CIJOML

wrote:
> > Hi Johannes,
> >
> > > freezes it, when you are booting your system or even when it is still
> > > running?
> > > My System stop while booting, when I put the dongle in. But this was
> > > before I patched my system for bluez.
> >
> > when you talk about such problems then always include your kernel
> > version. Otherwise we can't tell you anything about it.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel

by David Stennett

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:09:59 +0200, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> > freezes it, when you are booting your system or even when it is still
> > running?
> > My System stop while booting, when I put the dongle in. But this was
> > before I patched my system for bluez.
>
> when you talk about such problems then always include your kernel
> version. Otherwise we can't tell you anything about it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2004-09-08 07:09:59

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Johannes,

> freezes it, when you are booting your system or even when it is still
> running?
> My System stop while booting, when I put the dongle in. But this was
> before I patched my system for bluez.

when you talk about such problems then always include your kernel
version. Otherwise we can't tell you anything about it.

Regards

Marcel

by Johannes

HI,

freezes it, when you are booting your system or even when it is still
running?
My System stop while booting, when I put the dongle in. But this was
before I patched my system for bluez.

Greets John