2006-05-19 12:28:42

by markusv

Subject: [Bluez-users] Internal bluetooth on d610

hi all
I have a dell latitude d610 with internal bluetooth. I have recently
installed ubuntu linux. I am using the bluez version distributed wiht
ubuntu. But I have some problems with my internal bluetooth device. The
hcitool dev gives me the output:
hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:16:41:0B:19:64 ACL MTU: 384:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:226 acl:0 sco:0 events:20 errors:0
TX bytes:413 acl:0 sco:0 commands:19 errors:0

so the bluetooth device is recognized by the system. But when i try
hcitool inq no devices are found, using a Belkin usb bluetooth adapter mye
cellular phone is recognized. Why does my internal bluetooth device not
recognize my phone? What is wrong here?

regards
Markus

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Internal bluetooth on d610

Hi Markus,

> I have a dell latitude d610 with internal bluetooth. I have recently
> installed ubuntu linux. I am using the bluez version distributed wiht
> ubuntu. But I have some problems with my internal bluetooth device. The
> hcitool dev gives me the output:
> hciconfig
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:16:41:0B:19:64 ACL MTU: 384:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:226 acl:0 sco:0 events:20 errors:0
> TX bytes:413 acl:0 sco:0 commands:19 errors:0
>
> so the bluetooth device is recognized by the system. But when i try
> hcitool inq no devices are found, using a Belkin usb bluetooth adapter mye
> cellular phone is recognized. Why does my internal bluetooth device not
> recognize my phone? What is wrong here?

I don't have any Dell machine at hand for testing, but maybe some weird
ACPI or BIOS setting deactivated your antenna.

Regards

Marcel

by Stefan Seyfried

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:28:42PM +0200, [email protected] w=
rote:
=20
> so the bluetooth device is recognized by the system. But when i try
> hcitool inq no devices are found, using a Belkin usb bluetooth adapter =
mye
> cellular phone is recognized. Why does my internal bluetooth device not
> recognize my phone? What is wrong here?

Are you sure it is activated? On the d600 there are some BIOS setting to
configure what is activated with the "wireless" key (fn+f4 IIRC), not
sure how it has to be configured (i have a different machine right now),
but looking in there cannot hurt :-)
--=20
Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg \ -- Leonard Cohe=