2004-10-15 08:52:49

by mike lee

Subject: [Bluez-users] About serial interface bluetooth module

Dear All

I am new to bluez, Here are some questions on serial driver
hci_uart.And i am using Fedora2 with bluez-lib-2.10 bluez-util-2.10

I am now using a serial bluetooth module, after i install bluez-lib
and bluez-util. I can see the rfcomm,l2cap,bluetooth module is loaded.
but no hci_uart module.
and when i use hciattach /dev/ttyS0......... to attach the serial
module, it fail and reply "Initialization timed out". After i insmod
hci_uart.ko from /lib/module . It is just the same.

The module is work well in MS window and the cable is checked. am i
use wrong version or any steps i missed?

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mike,

> I am new to bluez, Here are some questions on serial driver
> hci_uart.And i am using Fedora2 with bluez-lib-2.10 bluez-util-2.10
>
> I am now using a serial bluetooth module, after i install bluez-lib
> and bluez-util. I can see the rfcomm,l2cap,bluetooth module is loaded.
> but no hci_uart module.
> and when i use hciattach /dev/ttyS0......... to attach the serial
> module, it fail and reply "Initialization timed out". After i insmod
> hci_uart.ko from /lib/module . It is just the same.
>
> The module is work well in MS window and the cable is checked. am i
> use wrong version or any steps i missed?

you must find the correct parameters for the hciattach call. About what
kind of module are we talking?

Regards

Marcel