2007-04-23 16:49:30

by Bluezapper

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluez source code doubt

Hi,

I am sorry if this question is silly. I am new to Bluez and C socket programming. I was going through the bluez source code but did not understand the following statements from hcitool.c:

if (hci_read_remote_version(dd, handle, &version, 20000) == 0)

if (hci_read_remote_name(dd, &bdaddr, sizeof(name), name, 25000)== 0)

What are the numbers "25000" or "20000" in these statements and I see that they are different for different statments sometimes compared to less than zero or equal to zero ??

thanks in advance for your replies,

Marco.

---------------------------------
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Attachments:
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Loreno Oliveira

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluez source code doubt

This is definitely not a silly question.

As far as I know, these magic numbers values refer to the timeout value for
each operation. However, I also do not understand how to choose a value for
each function call. Generally, when I need to change some code, I just copy
and past the code block and maitain the magic numbers. I just have faith
they will keep working fine in my code :-)

It would be nice to hear some words about choosing these timeouts values (
unless this is a really silly question ).

Regards,

Loreno