2004-11-19 06:04:45

by Walter King

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Using windows breaks bluetooth in linux? huh

Hi,
I had this problem too. I use the ms keyboard, i was able to get it to
switch back and forth fine if i set windows to use no passkey.

Walt King

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Patrick,

> I don't seem to be able to get a connection in windows if I don't use a
> key. I think the Apple keyboard requires it.

this is correct, because the Apple keyboard is a security mode 3 device
and the CSR based ones are acting in security mode 1/2 as it is written
in the specification. The host must activate the encryption, not the
device.

Regards

Marcel

by Patrick

I don't seem to be able to get a connection in windows if I don't use a
key. I think the Apple keyboard requires it.

Patrick