2005-01-10 13:56:41

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Accept incomming serial connection (palm hotsync)

> 3. Accept incomming serial connection (palm hotsync) (Benoit Panizzon)

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 3
> From: Benoit Panizzon <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:45:26 +0100
> Subject: [Bluez-users] Accept incomming serial connection (palm hotsync)
>
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to be able to sync my palm zire via bluetooth.
>
> As I understood from the ircomm or USBtty Connection the palm just wants to
> build a simple serial connection to the hotsync host.
>
> Everything else via bluetooth works fine: obexpush, dund... (strange it does
> not recognize pand, but I assume palm only supports dund...)
>
> But I don't manage to build a serial connection.
>
> When I add bind yes into frcomm.conf then the computer initiates the
> connection and the palm of course rejects it...
>
> So the solutions seamed to be to have an entry in rfcomm.conf with bind no and
> then use:
>
> rfcomm list /dev/rfcomm1 8
>
> To announce channel 8 as serial service and then have the palm connect to
> rfcomm1.
>
> Unfortunately before the palm connects the rfcomm1 device is not availabe and
> without it being available the palm does not seam to want to connect...
>
> Are there any 'undocummented' options to rfcomm to make the device show being
> present and waiting for the palm to connect? Like dund does?
>
> Regards
> -Benoit-

I am able to sync my Palm T via bluetooth, but the way I do it is not by setting
up a serial connection. Instead, I set up a PAN connection (giving my palm pilot
a local ip address and my computer another) and then do a NETWORK hotsync (vs
serial over bluetooth) using the IP address of my computer. I tell Jpilot
(pilot-link) to listen to "net:all" (or is it "net:any"....)...

I did this because I read (somewhere) that a plain serial over bluetooth
wouldn't work for some odd reason...

Jay

by Benoit Panizzon

Hi Jay

> I am able to sync my Palm T via bluetooth, but the way I do it is not by
> setting up a serial connection. Instead, I set up a PAN connection (giving
> my palm pilot a local ip address and my computer another) and then do a
> NETWORK hotsync (vs serial over bluetooth) using the IP address of my
> computer. I tell Jpilot (pilot-link) to listen to "net:all" (or is it
> "net:any"....)...

Yup, kpilot also is able to listen to net:any

But... I never managed to get a PAN Bluetooth Network Connection from my palm.

PAN with pand between two Linux Boxes work (one as NAP the other as PANU)
works, so I assume by Linux Bluetooth Setup is correct.

What works is a dund connection via bluetooth an ppp.

But my Zire 72 does not offer to do a 'hotsync' via this ppp connection. Only
'serial' aka 'local' or 'modem' connections are selectable from hotsync.

How did you manage to sync via IP?

Regards
-Benoit-
--
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!