2005-01-31 02:43:29

by Lars Vilhuber

Subject: [Bluez-users] experience with TDK PCMCIA Bluetooth Card (goBlue)?

Question:
after searching the list, I see few comments on the TDK PCMCIA
Bluetooth card. Currently, mine is *not* working, but before I go
through (upgrade kernel, patch kernel, etc.) sequence, I would like to
know if anybody has actually got it working.

Symptoms are a collection of

bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrive
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum

which I have seen reported for some cards before, but for which I
haven't a solution reported.

The above occurs for any data transfer (OBEX or PPP) of any considerable
size, and culminates in the driver "resetting" the card, and the
transfer failing.

This is irrespective of using 'hciattach ttyS14 <speed>' or 'hciattach
ttyS14 bcsp' or 'hciattach ttyS14 tdk'.

OS/Version:
SuSE 9.2, kernel 2.6.8-24.11-default #1 Fri Jan 14 13:01:26
bluez-utils-2.10-15
bluez-libs-2.10-2

--
Lars Vilhuber [email protected]

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Lars,

> after searching the list, I see few comments on the TDK PCMCIA
> Bluetooth card. Currently, mine is *not* working, but before I go
> through (upgrade kernel, patch kernel, etc.) sequence, I would like to
> know if anybody has actually got it working.
>
> Symptoms are a collection of
>
> bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrive
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
>
> which I have seen reported for some cards before, but for which I
> haven't a solution reported.

so in general your card gets detected as serial port and normal stuff
like "hciconfig -a" is working?

> The above occurs for any data transfer (OBEX or PPP) of any considerable
> size, and culminates in the driver "resetting" the card, and the
> transfer failing.
>
> This is irrespective of using 'hciattach ttyS14 <speed>' or 'hciattach
> ttyS14 bcsp' or 'hciattach ttyS14 tdk'.
>
> OS/Version:
> SuSE 9.2, kernel 2.6.8-24.11-default #1 Fri Jan 14 13:01:26
> bluez-utils-2.10-15
> bluez-libs-2.10-2

The last time I tested this kernel I haven't found any problems, but you
should think about a kernel update. However I just put in my IBM card
and a Com1 card and both lock up my SMP machine when I start hciattach.
I don't have time to really check what is going wrong here. Do anyone
have serial based Bluetooth cards running with a SMP kernel.

Regards

Marcel