2005-02-01 01:37:55

by Lars Vilhuber

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] experience with TDK PCMCIA Bluetooth Card, (goBlue)?

>>> config.opts AND bluetooth.conf (one may be redundant):
>>> card "TDK goBlue PCMCIA Bluetooth Adapter"
>>> ~ manfid 0x0105,0x4254
>>> ~ version "TDK","Bluetooth PC Card II","",""
>>> ~ bind "serial_cs" class "bluetooth"
>>>
>>> and adding an elif condition in /etc/pcmcia/bluetooth conditional on MANFID.
>
> this looks like a new generation of the card.

I believe the right link is

http://www.tdksystems.com/products/intro.asp?id=3

I bought it here:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=106260

> Please post the output of
> dump_cis.

Socket 0:
dev_info
NULL 0ns, 512b
manfid 0x0105, 0x4254
funcid unknown [post]
vers_1 7.1, "TDK", "Bluetooth PC Card II", "", ""
config base 0x00f8 mask 0x000f last_index 0x04
cftable_entry 0x03 [default]
[rdybsy]
Vcc Vnom 5V
io 0x01e0-0x01ef [lines=8] [8bit] [range]
irq mask 0xffff [level] [shared]
cftable_entry 0x04
io 0x0000-0x7fff [lines=15] [8bit]

Looks like it is new...

Let me know - if it is new, I will just give it to a Windows-only
colleague - I need it on a machine where I do not want to run
non-distribution kernels (I would on another machine, but that's not a
laptop...), but let me know either way. I'll be happy to run a couple of
tests until then.

lars
--
Lars Vilhuber [email protected]

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Lars,

> > this looks like a new generation of the card.
>
> I believe the right link is
>
> http://www.tdksystems.com/products/intro.asp?id=3
>
> I bought it here:
>
> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=106260
>
> > Please post the output of
> > dump_cis.
> >

> Socket 0:
> dev_info
> NULL 0ns, 512b
> manfid 0x0105, 0x4254
> funcid unknown [post]
> vers_1 7.1, "TDK", "Bluetooth PC Card II", "", ""
> config base 0x00f8 mask 0x000f last_index 0x04
> cftable_entry 0x03 [default]
> [rdybsy]
> Vcc Vnom 5V
> io 0x01e0-0x01ef [lines=8] [8bit] [range]
> irq mask 0xffff [level] [shared]
> cftable_entry 0x04
> io 0x0000-0x7fff [lines=15] [8bit]
>
> Looks like it is new...
>
> Let me know - if it is new, I will just give it to a Windows-only
> colleague - I need it on a machine where I do not want to run
> non-distribution kernels (I would on another machine, but that's not a
> laptop...), but let me know either way. I'll be happy to run a couple of
> tests until then.

according to my list of CIS entries this is the second generation of the
TDK card. The first one was the same as the IBM Card II and this is the
one that I have and that I tested. There are now two possible problems.

One is that they change the UART that the use. What is dmesg telling
about the serial device that is created when you plugin the card?

The second is that the BCSP setting is different for this card and that
our implementation has a problem with it. There are lot versions of BCSP
around, because the initial one created to much load on the chip where
the host protocol is running (there is not always a Pentium available).

Since I haven't written the BCSP code and I don't have this card for
testing, I can't give you a good advice or testing plan. The PCMCIA
cards are always a little bit tricky. However using the latest kernel is
mostly a good idea. Try 2.6.11-rc2-bk9.

Regards

Marcel