2005-02-15 16:21:33

by Dave Henriksen

Subject: [Bluez-users] Quality Bluetooth access point

Does anyone know of a really good class 1 Bluetooth network access point ?

We have had fairly good luck with the AXIS access point, but it is no
longer being supported by AXIS. Also, it tends to go brain dead once
in a while, and sometimes even requires a hard reboot.

The Anycom access point looks decent, but doesn't provide much in terms
of logging and debugging of connection problems. Also, there is no
way to tell it not to save the link keys. The firmware also has a bug
in it where if you tell it to automatically check for new firmware on
startup, it becomes a boat anchor and has to be sent back to the
manufacturer (This is documented on their website).

I have seen a few others out there, but I don't believe that any of them
are Class 1 devices.

I would prefer to buy a really good access point, but I am now
considering just building my own using BlueZ, and a very small single
board computer running a 300MHZ Geode processor.