2005-03-01 03:40:19

by Lars Vilhuber

Subject: [Bluez-users] Report of working dongle: IOGear GBU311 and question

I can happily report that my new IOGear GBU311 works under stock SuSE
9.2 (connections tested with Palm T3 and Sony-Ericsson T610, using
OBEX-FTP, OBEX-transfer, DUN).

However, I am curious: when plugging it in, the logs show a USB *HUB*,
and registers keyboard and mouse drivers. Is this something SuSE
specific, something driver-specific? Is SuSE misconfigured? or what does
it mean when the USB dongle registers as a keyboard/mouse?

iveshall kernel: hub 1-2:1.0: USB hub found
iveshall kernel: hub 1-2:1.0: 3 ports detected
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.1: new full speed USB device using address 3
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.1: Product: BCM92035DGL
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.1: Manufacturer: Broadcom
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.1: SerialNumber: 000272C09F18
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.2: new full speed USB device using address 4
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.2: SerialNumber: 000272C09F18
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.3: new full speed USB device using address 5
iveshall kernel: usb 1-2.3: SerialNumber: 000272C09F18
iveshall kernel: Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.7
iveshall kernel: usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
iveshall hcid[4926]: HCI dev 0 registered
iveshall kernel: usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
iveshall kernel: evdev_connect: evdev e4fffe60 handle e4fffe7c name event4
iveshall kernel: input: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [0a5c:3502] on
usb-0000:00:1d.0-2.2
iveshall kernel: evdev_connect: evdev e6ae45c0 handle e6ae45dc name event5
iveshall kernel: input: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [0a5c:3503] on
usb-0000:00:1d.0-2.3
iveshall kernel: usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
iveshall kernel: drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver

--
Lars Vilhuber [email protected]

by digitalfredy

Lars Vilhuber escribi=F3:
> I can happily report that my new IOGear GBU311 works under stock SuSE=20
> 9.2 (connections tested with Palm T3 and Sony-Ericsson T610, using=20
> OBEX-FTP, OBEX-transfer, DUN).
>=20
can you send me your config files?
I have a t610 and using obexftp only can send files from the pc, i can't =
get files from the movil :(

--=20
Suerte and F.S.Fv.

ATT: Fredy P.
F.S.Fv. es acr=F3nimo de Free Software Forever
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.es.html

Normas b=E1sicas de comportamiento en el ciberespacio
http://www.netiqueta.org/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Lars,

> I can happily report that my new IOGear GBU311 works under stock SuSE
> 9.2 (connections tested with Palm T3 and Sony-Ericsson T610, using
> OBEX-FTP, OBEX-transfer, DUN).
>
> However, I am curious: when plugging it in, the logs show a USB *HUB*,
> and registers keyboard and mouse drivers. Is this something SuSE
> specific, something driver-specific? Is SuSE misconfigured? or what does
> it mean when the USB dongle registers as a keyboard/mouse?

the registration as mouse and keyboard is fine, but actually this device
should only start working with a recent 2.6.11-rc5 kernel. What does the
content of /proc/bus/usb/devices shows you? Also show us "hciconfig -a".

Regards

Marcel