2005-03-09 18:35:52

by Joe Sloan

Subject: [Bluez-users] Is there authenticate only incoming mode

Hi,

Is it possible to configure hcid so that authentication (i.e. PIN
challenge) is only invoked on incoming connections. I'd like to make a
PIN request only if some other device tries to use my PC (e.g. object
push) but it is not required if I want to send to them (and my PC
initiates the connection). I'm not too bothered about encryption at this
stage..

I've searched the newslist and tried configuring hcid.conf but haven't
been able to get it working. Guess it is not intended to work that way.

Joe

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Joe,

> Is it possible to configure hcid so that authentication (i.e. PIN
> challenge) is only invoked on incoming connections. I'd like to make a
> PIN request only if some other device tries to use my PC (e.g. object
> push) but it is not required if I want to send to them (and my PC
> initiates the connection). I'm not too bothered about encryption at this
> stage..
>
> I've searched the newslist and tried configuring hcid.conf but haven't
> been able to get it working. Guess it is not intended to work that way.

this is only possible with security mode 2.

Regards

Marcel