2005-03-14 02:17:41

by Tamer Higazi

Subject: [Bluez-users] problems establishing connection to Cellular phone

Hi people!
How do I make a stable connection to my cellular phone via bluetooth
without that the connection is dying.

I make:
hcitool cc MAC-ADDRESS
hcitool auth MAC-ADDRESS

then I enter the pin on the mobile phone and I receive the answer:

HCI authentication request failed: Input/output error

Can somebody help me?

However I get this bluez-pin installed. In which relation does it belong
to my problem? And if yes, how do I use it?

For any help, thank you

Tamer

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Tamer,

> I want you to thank very much for your support and help you regarded
> me making a bluetooth connection to my device. However, I am asking
> myself why I can establish only as the user "root" a stable bluetooth
> connection. For me, with a usual useraccount would be more interisted
> to establish connections.

you can establish L2CAP and RFCOMM socket connections as normal user.

Regards

Marcel

by Tamer Higazi

Dear Marcell and all others in this mailing list!
I want you to thank very much for your support and help you regarded me
making a bluetooth connection to my device. However, I am asking myself
why I can establish only as the user "root" a stable bluetooth
connection. For me, with a usual useraccount would be more interisted to
establish connections.

For further help, thank you

Tamer

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 21:59 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Tamer,
>
> > Thank you for your answer. I am still not able to connect to the
> > phone :( Perhaps I made something wrong. I just started hciconfig and
> > then hcid. Nothing happened. sorry Sir, I am really a novice. If you
> > could explain me more detailled what I have to do, I would thank you.
> > About the mobile phone.... It is a Nokia 6670
>
> using "rfcomm connect 0 <bdaddr> 1" would be a good idea.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by digitalfredy

Tamer Higazi escribi=F3:
> Hi people!=20
> How do I make a stable connection to my cellular phone via bluetooth
> without that the connection is dying.=20
>=20
>=20
> I make:=20
> hcitool cc MAC-ADDRESS=20
> hcitool auth MAC-ADDRESS=20
>=20
> then I enter the pin on the mobile phone and I receive the answer:=20
>=20
> HCI authentication request failed: Input/output error
>=20
>=20
> Can somebody help me?=20
>=20
> However I get this bluez-pin installed. In which relation does it belon=
> to my problem? And if yes, how do I use it?=20
>=20
>=20
> For any help, thank you
>=20
>=20
> Tamer
>=20
>=20
compare your /etc/bluetooth/hci.conf whit it:

options {
autoinit yes;

security auto;

pairing multi;

pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;

}

device {
name "%h-%d";

class 0x100;

iscan enable;
pscan enable;

lm accept; #################for can add pc in movil from movi=

lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
# Authentication and Encryption
#auth enable;
#encrypt enable; ######################disable encrypt=
ion

}

>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
Suerte and F.S.Fv.

ATT: Fredy P.
F.S.Fv. es acr=F3nimo de Free Software Forever
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.es.html

Normas b=E1sicas de comportamiento en el ciberespacio
http://www.netiqueta.org/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Tamer,

> Thank you for your answer. I am still not able to connect to the
> phone :( Perhaps I made something wrong. I just started hciconfig and
> then hcid. Nothing happened. sorry Sir, I am really a novice. If you
> could explain me more detailled what I have to do, I would thank you.
> About the mobile phone.... It is a Nokia 6670

using "rfcomm connect 0 <bdaddr> 1" would be a good idea.

Regards

Marcel

by Tamer Higazi

Dear Marcel,
Thank you for your answer. I am still not able to connect to the
phone :( Perhaps I made something wrong. I just started hciconfig and
then hcid. Nothing happened. sorry Sir, I am really a novice. If you
could explain me more detailled what I have to do, I would thank you.
About the mobile phone.... It is a Nokia 6670

With best regards

Tamer Higazi

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 13:13 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> [...]
> > <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging scheme> <power
> > control>
> > <transparent SCO>
>
> What kind of phone is this?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Tamer,

> Thank you very much for the quick answer. I appreciate your help very
> much for solving my problem (specially because I am such a newbie).
> About the dbus, I installed it and get the bluez-pin package installed
> successfully.
>
> 1st) I run up the Bluetooth-stick with the command:
> hciconfig auth noscan nosecmgr noencrypt

don't do anything like this. Simply start hcid and using "auth" means
security mode 3. You don't want this.

> and tried to connect to the mobile phone with the result (after entering
> on the phone a PIN):
> Can't create connection: Input/output error
>
> Before creating a connection I run the sniffer command:
> hcidump -X -V
>
> program and received this result during the test:
>
> HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.18
> device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
> < HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
> bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x0000
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
> > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> > HCI Event: Link Key Request (0x17) plen 6
> bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> < HCI Command: Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) plen 6
> bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
> Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) ncmd 1
> status 0x00 bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> > HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
> bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> < HCI Command: PIN Code Request Reply (0x01|0x000d) plen 23
> bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94 len 4 pin '1234'
> > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
> PIN Code Request Reply (0x01|0x000d) ncmd 1
> status 0x00 bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> > HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
> status 0x05 handle 41 bdaddr 00:E0:03:65:64:94 type ACL encrypt 0x00
> Error: Authentication Failure

The PIN code you supply is "1234". You must enter the same on your
phone.

> 2nd) About the mobilephone itself I can give you informations i
> requested with the tool hcitool info 00:E0:03:65:64:94:
>
> hcitool info 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> Requesting information ...
> BD Address: 00:E0:03:65:64:94
> Device Name: Yo-Tamer
> LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x382
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
> Features: 0xbf 0xfe 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> <3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot
> offset>
> <channel quality> <SCO link> <HV2 packets> <HV3 packets>
> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging scheme> <power

What kind of phone is this?

Regards

Marcel

by Tamer Higazi

Dear Marcell,

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 11:21 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Tamer,
>
> > How do I make a stable connection to my cellular phone via bluetooth
> > without that the connection is dying.
> >

> > I make:
> > hcitool cc MAC-ADDRESS
> > hcitool auth MAC-ADDRESS
> >
> > then I enter the pin on the mobile phone and I receive the answer:
> >
> > HCI authentication request failed: Input/output error
> >

> > Can somebody help me?
> >
> > However I get this bluez-pin installed. In which relation does it belong
> > to my problem? And if yes, how do I use it?
>
> you will never get a stable connection with "hcitool cc". In the case of
> a mobile phone establish a RFCOMM connection. If you see problems then
> check with "hcidump -X -V" as root what really happens on the device.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Tamer,