2005-03-17 14:23:04

by Xavier Garreau

Subject: [Bluez-users] obex howto

Hi,

Is there somewhere a bluez/obex HOWTO ?

I'm about to write a tutorial for python on Symbian/Series60. An
Application from nokia allows to execute python scripts on a Series60
phone via a Bluetooth remote python console (this works using spp).

Actually, to complete my _linux_ tutorial, i need do transfer a .sis to
the phone (via obex) and have not yet played with this on linux ...

Any hints ?

Thanks in advance
--
Xavier Garreau <[email protected]>
http://www.xgarreau.org/

by Xavier Garreau

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] obex howto

> AFAIK, the only implementation running under Linux is OpenOBEX
> (http://openobex.sourceforge.net/). There is not much documentation in
> it, but, as with BlueZ, if you follow the applications, you can (more or
> less) understand how it works.
>
> If you want to send a file via OBEX over Bluetooth, I use KBluetooth,
> that works pretty well.

Thank you for the hints, i'll check that !

Regards,
Xavier

by Pedro Monjo Florit

Xavier Garreau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there somewhere a bluez/obex HOWTO ?
>
> I'm about to write a tutorial for python on Symbian/Series60. An
> Application from nokia allows to execute python scripts on a Series60
> phone via a Bluetooth remote python console (this works using spp).
>
> Actually, to complete my _linux_ tutorial, i need do transfer a .sis
> to the phone (via obex) and have not yet played with this on linux ...
>
> Any hints ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Xavier,

AFAIK, the only implementation running under Linux is OpenOBEX
(http://openobex.sourceforge.net/). There is not much documentation in
it, but, as with BlueZ, if you follow the applications, you can (more or
less) understand how it works.

If you want to send a file via OBEX over Bluetooth, I use KBluetooth,
that works pretty well.

Regards,

Pedro