2005-05-01 16:47:47

by VJB

Subject: [Bluez-users] BT-Barcode-Scanner, /dev/rfcommX

Hi,

I have a problem with reading and writing of /dev/rfcommX for others,
on Suse Linux Prof. 9.2.

I'm using the command

rfcomm bind ...

for connecting a BT-Barcode-Scanner with the system. All works fine.

But every time, you run this command, the rights for the file /dev/rfcommX
change to read and write only for root. But I need although read and write
for others.

Can you help me?

Regards,
Volker Brandhoff

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BT-Barcode-Scanner, /dev/rfcommX

Hi Volker,

> I have a problem with reading and writing of /dev/rfcommX for others,
> on Suse Linux Prof. 9.2.
>
> I'm using the command
>
> rfcomm bind ...
>
> for connecting a BT-Barcode-Scanner with the system. All works fine.
>
> But every time, you run this command, the rights for the file /dev/rfcommX
> change to read and write only for root. But I need although read and write
> for others.

the device nodes are created on demand. Look at udev for details.

Regards

Marcel

by Szilágyi Szilveszter

I had the same problem, so I changed the properties manually
chmod 0666 /dev/rfcommX
and I modified it's group to users