2005-05-15 21:20:22

by Jesús Cano Navarro

Subject: [Bluez-users] Old known, Apple BT Keyboard

Hi everybody,

Thank you for reading this message and spending your time helping me
an the others.

I tried to make the Apple BT Keyboard work with my GNU/Linux and
Marcel's help (thank you Marcel) but i did not have the tool "hcidump"
to debug the inquiries and conexions and i was too lost in this field.
Now i think (hope) i have it all and my goals are:

-Make sure i have the right configuration needs for BT use.
-Permanently replace the pc105 keyboard.
-Configure correctly the Apple BT Keyboard.

Would you please help/guide me to get it?, i would really appreciate it!.

I read several people have got it with the Apple keyboard.Somebody
told about writting a HOWTO, as it's becomeing an usual stuff
(GNU/Linux-Bluez and BT keyboards), i would be interested in help to
it.

Thank you all.

Sincerenly
Jes=FAs Cano Navarro

by Jan H

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: btsco - headset profile activated but no sco packets transmitted ???

Lars Steinke wrote:

> Phew, got it finally,
>
> it was the bloody ehci_hcd audio problem others have come across:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11431438
>
> Using ohci_hcd, btsco works a treat in recording and playing, thanks for
> the good work !!!

Hi List, Hi Lars,
it seems to me I have the same problems at least the same symptoms as
you. I am trying to get a logitech mobil pro (HS01 V16) headset to work
with avm bluefritz usb dongle on my acer notebook. There ist some noise
but no sound.

Peering works fine and all modules seem to work too

user@name:/$ lsmod | grep sco
snd_bt_sco 14496 1
snd_hwdep 9632 2 snd_bt_sco
sco 15812 0
bluetooth 53252 8 sco,hci_usb,rfcomm,l2cap
snd_pcm 96456 4
snd_bt_sco,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd 55332 11
snd_bt_sco,snd_hwdep,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
snd_page_alloc 10116 3 snd_bt_sco,snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

After that i did esctl stop and startet btsco. while playing a test wav
i get

btsco v0.4
Device is 1:0
Voice setting: 0x0060
RFCOMM channel 1 connected
speaker volume: 11 mic volume: 0
driver is in use
connected SCO channel
Done setting sco fd
recieved AT+VGS=11
Sending up speaker change 11
speaker volume: 11 mic volume: 1
driver is not in use
disconnected SCO channel

name:/# aplay -B 1000000 -D plughw:Headset /home/user/Desktop/test.wav
Playing WAVE '/home/user/Desktop/test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
aplay: pcm_write:1146: write error: Input/output error

Now i can set volume by pushing the headset buttons but there is no
sound just some noisy with max Volume settings.
My question is who did you find out ehci_hcd driver is used?
And how did you load ohci_hcd?
lspci shows me
0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB
2.0 EHCI Controller (rev 03)

This is really driving me crazy, thanks for help
Jan

by Jesús Cano Navarro

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Old known, Apple BT Keyboard

Hi,

I've been experimenting with the hcidump and hcitool, the 3Com usb-BT
dongle and the Apple BT Keyboard. I couldn't connect to the Keyboard.

In one of the sessions i was in X in the hcidump to a xterm, a windows
asking for a PIN poped up several times, at the same time i pushed
space or intro in tha Apple Keyboard to keep it awaken; i put a "1234"
and a "0000" from the pc105 keyboard in it but nothing happened. I
supose this was the pin-helper i had never seen before. In a later X
session with the hcidump to the file i'm sending here (inside the
.tar), i tried the same hcitool commands but i didn't see the PIN
window.

In all the times i tried to make the BT keyboard work, the "hcitool
cc" said "Can't create connection: I/O input error" or like that. When
i had the window with the PIN i could see a "PIN Request" at the dump,
but none of the PIN inputs i tried seemed to work, nor i could
anything at the dump with a "PIN succes" or "PIN request completed" or
something.

Don't know what to do... What should i do to connecto to the
keyboard?. Why i cann't make it to recive the PIN?, Which is the PIN
for the keyboard?, Whose is the /etc/bluetooth/pin?, How do BT devices
"start talking"?.

I'll keep on trying.

Thank you very much.

Jes?s

2005/5/16, Jes?s Cano Navarro <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your interest!.
>
> My first pair of questions is:
> -I don't know the whole set of tools that bluez-utils brings but i
> found at least two for connexions: the hidd daemon and hcitool, both
> have connexion parameters but:
> 1)?which is the purpose of them?, ?for what is every one? i couldn't
> dintinguish which one should i use to connect to a device.
> 2)How do i debug the activity with hcidump?, run hcidump alone in a
> console and work in another?, what parameters should i use?, -X -V -w
> <file>?
>
> I'm on a Debian GNU/Linux testing, Kernel 2.6.8-2-686. Compaq Deskpro
> EN: Pentium 2 (Deschutes) 350, 256MB.
>
> Thank you
>
> 2005/5/16, Andre Baron <[email protected]>:
> > I echo Marco, however with one caveat; I don't believe you can replace
> [...]
>
> > Marco Trudel wrote:
> >
> > > If you don't ask specific questions, we can't help you... So what's
> > > the current problem?
> > > It sounds like the last step was that marcel requested a hcidump of
> > > your failing action... So, I suggest to do so...
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Marco

> Jes?s Cano Navarro

Attachments:
(No filename) (3.36 kB)
attachment.tar (10.00 kB)

by Jesús Cano Navarro

Hi,

Thank you for your interest!.

My first pair of questions is:
-I don't know the whole set of tools that bluez-utils brings but i
found at least two for connexions: the hidd daemon and hcitool, both
have connexion parameters but:
1)?which is the purpose of them?, ?for what is every one? i couldn't
dintinguish which one should i use to connect to a device.
2)How do i debug the activity with hcidump?, run hcidump alone in a
console and work in another?, what parameters should i use?, -X -V -w
<file>?

I'm on a Debian GNU/Linux testing, Kernel 2.6.8-2-686. Compaq Deskpro
EN: Pentium 2 (Deschutes) 350, 256MB.

Thank you

2005/5/16, Andre Baron <[email protected]>:
> I echo Marco, however with one caveat; I don't believe you can replace
[...]

> Marco Trudel wrote:
>
> > If you don't ask specific questions, we can't help you... So what's
> > the current problem?
> > It sounds like the last step was that marcel requested a hcidump of
> > your failing action... So, I suggest to do so...
> >
> > regards
> > Marco
> >

> > Jes?s Cano Navarro wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> Thank you for reading this message and spending your time helping me
> >> an the others.
> >>
> >> I tried to make the Apple BT Keyboard work with my GNU/Linux and
> >> Marcel's help (thank you Marcel) but i did not have the tool "hcidump"
> >> to debug the inquiries and conexions and i was too lost in this field.
> >> Now i think (hope) i have it all and my goals are:
> >>
> >> -Make sure i have the right configuration needs for BT use.
> >> -Permanently replace the pc105 keyboard.
> >> -Configure correctly the Apple BT Keyboard.
> >>
> >> Would you please help/guide me to get it?, i would really appreciate
> >> it!.
> >>
> >> I read several people have got it with the Apple keyboard.Somebody
> >> told about writting a HOWTO, as it's becomeing an usual stuff
> >> (GNU/Linux-Bluez and BT keyboards), i would be interested in help to
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Thank you all.

Jes?s Cano Navarro

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.95 kB)
hcid.conf (1.37 kB)

by Andre Baron

I echo Marco, however with one caveat; I don't believe you can replace
the pc105 keyboard, you still need it to reattach to your bluetooth
keyboard. I use an Apple BT keyboard but I still have to reattach every
time I come home since they keyboard will have gone to sleep.

Anyways, ask your questions and I'll help where I can. (Marcel was very
helpfull to me as well.)

Andre

Marco Trudel wrote:

> If you don't ask specific questions, we can't help you... So what's
> the current problem?
> It sounds like the last step was that marcel requested a hcidump of
> your failing action... So, I suggest to do so...
>
> regards
> Marco
>

> Jes?s Cano Navarro wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Thank you for reading this message and spending your time helping me
>> an the others.
>>
>> I tried to make the Apple BT Keyboard work with my GNU/Linux and
>> Marcel's help (thank you Marcel) but i did not have the tool "hcidump"
>> to debug the inquiries and conexions and i was too lost in this field.
>> Now i think (hope) i have it all and my goals are:
>>
>> -Make sure i have the right configuration needs for BT use.
>> -Permanently replace the pc105 keyboard.
>> -Configure correctly the Apple BT Keyboard.
>>
>> Would you please help/guide me to get it?, i would really appreciate
>> it!.
>>
>> I read several people have got it with the Apple keyboard.Somebody
>> told about writting a HOWTO, as it's becomeing an usual stuff
>> (GNU/Linux-Bluez and BT keyboards), i would be interested in help to
>> it.
>>
>> Thank you all.
>>
>> Sincerenly
>> Jes?s Cano Navarro