2005-06-01 20:05:33

by George Norton

Subject: [Bluez-users] Plantronics M2500 recording problem

Hi,
I have sucessfully used my Plantronics M2500 headset but the Mixer
controls don't work, and about half the time when I try to record sound
I just get a load of noise (static), even when the microphone is muted.
I am using a usb bluetooth dongle with the latest cvs version of
snd-bt-sco (although I had the same trouble with version 0.4) and there
is no difference in the output of hcidump when it records properly and
when I just get noise.

Any help is appreciated.

-George

by Brad Midgley

George

> I have sucessfully used my Plantronics M2500 headset but the Mixer
> controls don't work

there is a problem where some mixers don't grok the device properly (but
some do, go figure) so try a few mixer apps.

, and about half the time when I try to record sound
> I just get a load of noise (static), even when the microphone is muted.
> I am using a usb bluetooth dongle with the latest cvs version of
> snd-bt-sco (although I had the same trouble with version 0.4) and there
> is no difference in the output of hcidump when it records properly and
> when I just get noise.

hmmm... i haven't heard of this problem. tell us how you record and the
other diagnostic output (see project page)

brad