2005-06-23 10:49:25

by Esther López Casariego

Subject: [Bluez-users] Can"t connect RFCOMM socket: resource temporarily unavailable

Hi everybody

I?m running Fedora Core 4 (Linux Kernel 2.4.11) and have a Conceptronic
CBT100U USB Dongle.

I have this device UP, and I can other devices (a Windows XP PC).

I have modified the file /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf including (as read in
some tutorials):

Rfcomm0{

Bind yes;

Device <win xp mac>;

Channel 1;

Comment ?TDK-BT?;

}

I have also created a file: /etc/Bluetooth/my-pin:

#! /bin/bash

Echo ?PIN:1111?

In /etc/Bluetooth/hcid.conf I have changed the line corresponding to ?pin
helper? to:

Pin_helper/etc/Bluetooth/my-pin

If I start gnome ?file sharing? utility, I can send files from my Linux box
to the Win XP one (no Pin message is shown).

If I state: ?rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 <mac> 1?, I can see in my Win XP Pc
a message to set the PIN, I put 1111, and press enter. When a time is
elapsed, the message ?Can"t connect RFCOMM socket: resource temporarily
unavailable? appears

Some idea of what is going wrong??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Esther L?pez Casariego

2005-06-23 13:51:31

by Esther López Casariego

Hi Fernando

Yes, I wrote them in lower-case. (When writing the email it has =
"corrected"
the first character of the sentence)

Regards

> I have also created a file: /etc/Bluetooth/my-pin:
>=20
> #! /bin/bash
> Echo "PIN:1111"
>=20
>=20
> In /etc/Bluetooth/hcid.conf I have changed the line corresponding to=20
> "pin helper" to:
>=20
> Pin_helper/etc/Bluetooth/my-pin
>=20
>=20
> If I start gnome "file sharing" utility, I can send files from my =
Linux=20
> box to the Win XP one (no Pin message is shown).
>=20
>=20
> If I state: "rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 <mac> 1", I can see in my Win =

> XP Pc a message to set the PIN, I put 1111, and press enter. When a =
time=20
> is elapsed, the message "Can"t connect RFCOMM socket: resource=20
> temporarily unavailable" appears
> =20
>=20
> Some idea of what is going wrong??

Yes. :)

Did you write 'Echo' instead of 'echo'? Bash is case-sensitive. Try to =
write
such commands in lower-case.

--=20
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino

by Luiz Fernando Capitulino

Hi Esther,

Esther Lopez wrote:
> I have also created a file: /etc/Bluetooth/my-pin:
>=20
> #! /bin/bash
> Echo =93PIN:1111=94
>=20
>=20
> In /etc/Bluetooth/hcid.conf I have changed the line corresponding to=20
> =93pin helper=94 to:
>=20
> Pin_helper/etc/Bluetooth/my-pin
>=20
>=20
> If I start gnome =93file sharing=94 utility, I can send files from my L=
inux=20
> box to the Win XP one (no Pin message is shown).
>=20
>=20
> If I state: =93rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 <mac> 1=94, I can see in my =
Win=20