2005-07-11 13:06:01

by Fahad Khowaja

Subject: [Bluez-users] unable to open /dev/rfcomm0: No such device.

Hi! The issue is resolved. For anyone who may be interested in the details,
it's as follows:

The problem was that the kernel did not recognize character device major
version 216. It had no drivers for this type of device. I had to configure
RFCOMM protocol support and RFCOMM TTY support under Bluetooth support in
the kernel and recompile it. This step added a driver to the kernel and a
cat of /proc/devices listed "216 rfcomm" as a recognized device.

Not being able to recognize this type of device was also causing ioctl()
function calls which referred to it to fail. After the drivers were loaded,
the ioctl() calls worked properly (which were previously giving errors).

Fahad.

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft?
SmartScreen Technology.
Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN? Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.

by Paulo Wollny

mknod /dev/rfcomm0 c 216 0

I hope this helps.