2005-08-17 10:06:11

by Datha

Subject: [Bluez-users] programming reference with Bluez

Hi,
Can I get some high level documents, programming reference on bluez.

I want to write a 'C' code to discover the devices around the PC, know about the
services as it is done with the Mobile phone.

For example phones like Nokia6600 will serach for devices around and gives a
list. I know how to do that in Symbian but how is it done with the Linux?

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Datha

by Mohan K

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] programming reference with Bluez

Hi,

This can be done using "hcitool scan". This will list you the devices.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan

On 8/17/05, Datha <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I get some high level documents, programming reference on bluez.
>=20
> I want to write a 'C' code to discover the devices around the PC, know ab=
out the
> services as it is done with the Mobile phone.
>=20
> For example phones like Nokia6600 will serach for devices around and give=
s a
> list. I know how to do that in Symbian but how is it done with the Linux?
>=20
> Can somebody help me?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Datha
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Charles Majola

Datha wrote:

>Hi,
>Can I get some high level documents, programming reference on bluez.
>
>I want to write a 'C' code to discover the devices around the PC, know about the
>services as it is done with the Mobile phone.
>
>For example phones like Nokia6600 will serach for devices around and gives a
>list. I know how to do that in Symbian but how is it done with the Linux?

Have a look at hcitool.c in bluez-utils's source code.The basic code
should be under the function 'cmd_scan()'.

--
chmj