2005-09-16 02:43:24

by mike lee

Subject: [Bluez-users] PAN and RFCOMM

Dear all
I am writing a file transfer program though rfcomm to my device. But
I found that whenever my device connected with a bluetooth access point,
the connect/transfer/disconnect actions are all very slow. Is it the
restriction on the bluetooth protocol/baseband or i should set something
before any connections?

Here is the result of hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:08:E0:04:A4:BF ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:373706 acl:4542 sco:0 events:1669 errors:0
TX bytes:323342 acl:2083 sco:0 commands:85 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'testing'
Class: 0x080100
Service Classes: Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

THX
Mike,Lee

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] PAN and RFCOMM

Hi,

> >this can be and depends on the chips of the other devices.
> >
> That means it is restricted by the CSR chip. It is too bad

it can be, but in general using CSR chips are less problematic.

> I am now using 2.12 utils. I will change it later
> Because it seem to be a problem on bluetooth architechure, I choose
> to turn bnep off whenever there is rfcomm connection. But i find that
> when i disconnect bnep several time by "pand -K" a kernel error message
> come out "unregister_netdevice: waiting for bnep0 to become free. Usage
> count = 1".
> Do i need to close all the network application first?

If you wanna make this error go away, then yes.

Regards

Marcel

by mike lee

Hi Marcel

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi,
>

>> I am writing a file transfer program though rfcomm to my device. But
>>I found that whenever my device connected with a bluetooth access point,
>>the connect/transfer/disconnect actions are all very slow. Is it the
>>restriction on the bluetooth protocol/baseband or i should set something
>>before any connections?
>>

>this can be and depends on the chips of the other devices.

That means it is restricted by the CSR chip. It is too bad

> However the
>HCI 16.4 of your local adapter is not bad, but still quite old.

I am now using 2.12 utils. I will change it later
Because it seem to be a problem on bluetooth architechure, I choose
to turn bnep off whenever there is rfcomm connection. But i find that
when i disconnect bnep several time by "pand -K" a kernel error message
come out "unregister_netdevice: waiting for bnep0 to become free. Usage
count = 1".
Do i need to close all the network application first?

Thx for helping
Mike,Lee

>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I am writing a file transfer program though rfcomm to my device. But
> I found that whenever my device connected with a bluetooth access point,
> the connect/transfer/disconnect actions are all very slow. Is it the
> restriction on the bluetooth protocol/baseband or i should set something
> before any connections?

this can be and depends on the chips of the other devices. However the