2005-10-03 08:56:54

by Charles-Edouard Ruault

Subject: [Bluez-users] Nokia 6680 services....

Hello,
i just got a 6680 and i'm trying to play with bluetooth.
Using sdptool browse 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
i'm getting the following services. I've noticed that the last 2
services are flagged with an error ...
I'm using the latest bluez version ( bluez-libs-2.21& bluez-utils-2.21 ).
Does anyone know what it means ?
Thanks in advance.

Browsing 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx ...
Service Name: Dial-Up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10000
Service Class ID List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
Service RecHandle: 0x10001
Service Class ID List:
"OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 9
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Imaging
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
"Imaging Responder" (0x111b)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 15
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Imaging" (0x111a)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Hands-Free Audio Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10003
Service Class ID List:
"Handfree Audio Gateway" (0x111f)
"Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 2
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Handfree Audio Gateway" (0x111f)
Version: 0x0101

Service Name: Headset Audio Gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x10004
Service Class ID List:
"Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
"Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 3
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Headset" (0x1108)
Version: 0x0100

Service Description: OBEX File Transfer
Service RecHandle: 0x10005
Service Class ID List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 10
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: SyncMLClient
Service RecHandle: 0x10006
Service Class ID List:
"Error: This is UUID-128" (0x00000002-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000002)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 11
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Error: This is UUID-128" (0x00000002-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000002)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Nokia OBEX PC Suite Services
Service RecHandle: 0x10007
Service Class ID List:
"Error: This is UUID-128" (0x00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 12
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x454e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault
GPG key Id E4D2B80C

by Charles-Edouard Ruault

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Nokia 6680 services....

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>Here you go !
>>

>this is weird. We ask for the FTP record handle only. The handle is not
>important. We need the channel number:
>
>< ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 22
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 18 [psm 1]
> SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0xd
> pat uuid-16 0x1106 (OBEXObjTrnsf)
> max 65535
> aid(s) 0x0000 (SrvRecHndl)
> cont 00
>

>>ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 24
>>

> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 20 [psm 1]
> SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0xf
> count 12
> record #0
> aid 0x0000 (SrvRecHndl)
> uint 0x10005
> cont 00
>
>If you use obexftp then this is a bug. However this is not the big
>problem. The problem is the FTP service itself. We get a service
>unavailable response:
>
>< ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 36
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 32 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 1 dlci 20 pf 0 ilen 28 fcs 0x31
> OBEX: Get cmd(f): len 28
> Type (0x42) = Sequence length 22
> 0000: 78 2d 6f 62 65 78 2f 66 6f 6c 64 65 72 2d 6c 69 x-obex/folder-li
> 0010: 73 74 69 6e 67 00 sting.
>

>>ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 12
>>

> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 8 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 20 pf 1 ilen 3 fcs 0xf7 credits 1
> OBEX: Get rsp(f): status 503 len 3
> Status 503 = Service unavailable
>
>This means another problem. Maybe it is in obexftp or in the phone
>itself. I don't know. Maybe you wanna try btftp from the obex CVS
>repository of BlueZ. Or someone has to send me such a phone for testing.

Ok i've compiled btftp, it looks better with this software ( see
attached dump file ).
I've been able to connect to the phone and run the following commands:

Connected to 00:12:62:a3:80:a5.
ftp> put Makefile.am
300 bytes sent
ftp> ls
-rw-r--r-- 300 Oct 6 15:25 Makefile.am
ftp> get Makefile.am
300 bytes received
ftp> quit
Disconnected.

Now what's puzzling me is that i don't see the exepected filesystem from
the phone, but that's go nothing to do with bluez :)
So i guess that from the bluez's standpoint, everything seems to be fine
when using btftp.
Thanks a lot for your support !

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault
GPG key Id E4D2B80C

Attachments:
btftp.dump (7.09 kB)

2005-10-06 12:55:31

by Charles-Edouard Ruault

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>Here you go !
>>

>this is weird. We ask for the FTP record handle only. The handle is not
>important. We need the channel number:
>
>< ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 22
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 18 [psm 1]
> SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0xd
> pat uuid-16 0x1106 (OBEXObjTrnsf)
> max 65535
> aid(s) 0x0000 (SrvRecHndl)
> cont 00
>

>>ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 24
>>

> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 20 [psm 1]
> SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0xf
> count 12
> record #0
> aid 0x0000 (SrvRecHndl)
> uint 0x10005
> cont 00
>
>If you use obexftp then this is a bug.

I do use ObexFTP 0.10.7

>However this is not the big
>problem. The problem is the FTP service itself. We get a service
>unavailable response:
>
>< ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 36
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 32 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 1 dlci 20 pf 0 ilen 28 fcs 0x31
> OBEX: Get cmd(f): len 28
> Type (0x42) = Sequence length 22
> 0000: 78 2d 6f 62 65 78 2f 66 6f 6c 64 65 72 2d 6c 69 x-obex/folder-li
> 0010: 73 74 69 6e 67 00 sting.
>

>>ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 12
>>

> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 8 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 20 pf 1 ilen 3 fcs 0xf7 credits 1
> OBEX: Get rsp(f): status 503 len 3
> Status 503 = Service unavailable

hmmmm. Strange. I don't think there's a way to turn it on or off from
the phone :(
Anyway since the service is advertised, i guess it means it's running (
hopefully ).

>This means another problem. Maybe it is in obexftp or in the phone
>itself. I don't know. Maybe you wanna try btftp from the obex CVS
>repository of BlueZ.

Will do. I'll keep you posted of the results !

>Or someone has to send me such a phone for testing.

Well i don't have a spare phone ... But maybe nokia does ... i don't
know if they're willing to cooperate with the opensource community though .

>Regards
>
>Marcel

Charles-Edouard Ruault
GPG key Id E4D2B80C

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>I've attached the info you've requested !
>>

>The SDP channel decoding is not working. May you wanna create a binary
>dump with "hcidump -w <file>".
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Here you go !
Thanks for the help.
Regards.

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault
GPG key Id E4D2B80C

Attachments:
obexftp.dump (1.97 kB)

2005-10-05 17:52:16

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

> I've attached the info you've requested !

The SDP channel decoding is not working. May you wanna create a binary
dump with "hcidump -w <file>".

Regards

Marcel

by Charles-Edouard Ruault

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>thanks for the reply. In the meantime i had dug into the code and
>>figured this out ....
>>I'm now trying to use obexftp to tranfer data to/from my phone but it's
>>failing ( it used to work fine on my motorola e398 ).
>>Here's the log i'm getting:
>>
>>obexftp -b 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -l -v
>>Browsing 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx ...
>>No custom transport
>>Connecting...bt: 1
>>done
>>Receiving (null)... failed: (null)
>>Disconnecting...done
>>
>>However, the device does advertise an obex file transfer profile:
>>
>>Service Description: OBEX File Transfer
>>Service RecHandle: 0x10005
>>Service Class ID List:
>>"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
>>Protocol Descriptor List:
>>"L2CAP" (0x0100)
>>"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
>>Channel: 10
>>"OBEX" (0x0008)
>>Language Base Attr List:
>>code_ISO639: 0x454e
>>encoding: 0x6a
>>base_offset: 0x100
>>Profile Descriptor List:
>>"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
>>Version: 0x0100
>>

>>Specifying channel 10 to obexftp does not improve things ...
>>

>show us the output of "hcidump -X -V" for this transaction.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

I've attached the info you've requested !
I hope it can help.
Regards.

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault
GPG key Id E4D2B80C

Attachments:
dump.log (9.25 kB)

2005-10-05 11:26:37

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>i just got a 6680 and i'm trying to play with bluetooth.
>>Using sdptool browse 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
>>i'm getting the following services. I've noticed that the last 2
>>services are flagged with an error ...
>>I'm using the latest bluez version ( bluez-libs-2.21& bluez-utils-2.21 ).
>>Does anyone know what it means ?
>>

>these are not really errors, but the normal decoding can't deal with
>UUID-128. Use --raw or --tree to enable an alternate display method.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Hi Marcel,
[...]

Any hint ?