2005-10-23 11:23:28

by Jimmi

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth-Alsa: cannot pair the headset

Ciao,

I'm trying to use Jabra BT 250v with skype. The headset connect trough a
USB-BT key, that I know it's working because I used already with other
devices.

My laptop has a Debian unstable, and I followed the instruction of the
Bluetooth-alsa project. I could load the module snd_bt_sco, and the
output of some commands are here:

# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:07:A4:14:0F:BF Jabra BT 250v

# btsco -v 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF
btsco v0.4
Device is 2:0
Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
Assuming channel 2

Voice setting: 0x0060
Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied

# hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:244 acl:0 sco:0 events:30 errors:0
TX bytes:384 acl:0 sco:0 commands:22 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'Titanic-0'
Class: 0x3e0100
Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

# hciconfig hci0
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:521 acl:0 sco:0 events:33 errors:0
TX bytes:393 acl:0 sco:0 commands:25 errors:0

# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
HCI 16.4
Chip version: BlueCore02-External
Max key size: 56 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

# hcitool info 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF
Requesting information ...
Can't create connection: Input/output error

I searched for the "SDP server" error but I could not get suitable
informations. Has anybody an hint about?

Thanks in advance
--
--- _ o | Sembra di sentirlo ancora dire al |
/ immi --- _/\_> | mercante di liquori: tu che lo vendi cosa |

by mv2147

Hi Jimmi,

Did you get the audio with Jabra BT-200 and Dlink 120 to work finally.
Did any of the suggestions given by bluez work? If you can confirm it
works, I would like to order them ASAP.

> * Brad Midgley il 23/10/05 alle 13,01 ha scritto:
> > It looks like you need to remove the link keys so the
> > pairing can get reset. There's something about that in the
> > http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.org page.
>
> It didn't help either removing /etc/bluetooth/link_key and
> /var/lib/bluetooth/[dir]. Thanks anyway Brad :)
>
> --
> --- _ o | If God had intended man to use the metric |
> / immi --- _/\_> | system, Jesus would have only had ten |
> (_/ - O,> / O | disciples. |

by Jimmi

* Brad Midgley il 30/10/05 alle 07,19 ha scritto:
> which distro defaults to auth and encrypt on? (or did you install from
> source?)

I'm using the official package of Debian unstable. Both were commented
in the hcid.config, I uncommented them and changed to disable
--
--- _ o | If God had intended man to use the metric |
/ immi --- _/\_> | system, Jesus would have only had ten |
(_/ - O,> / O | disciples. |

by Brad Midgley

jimmi

i put a note in the docs about this.

which distro defaults to auth and encrypt on? (or did you install from
source?)

brad

>> I searched for the "SDP server" error but I could not get suitable
>> informations. Has anybody an hint about?
>
> I fixed it with:
> auth disable;
> encrypt disable;
> in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.config. It seems they are enable by default :)
> --
> --- _ o | Sembra di sentirlo ancora dire al |
> / immi --- _/\_> | mercante di liquori: tu che lo vendi cosa |
> (_/ - O,> / O | ti compri di migliore? FdA |

by Jimmi

[email protected] ha scritto:
> Hi immi,
>
> Can you please tell me the usb dongle manufacturer, version and model no.
> you are using? I am using a bluetake BT009si and it is not able to

I'm using a Dlink DBT120 with a kernel 2.6.11.

> "unsupported manufacturer". Do you know if your dongle might work with
> 2.6.11 fedora core 4 and BT400 G5 headset?

No, I never tested that.

Good luck ;)

Jimmi

by mv2147

Hi immi,

Can you please tell me the usb dongle manufacturer, version and model no.
you are using? I am using a bluetake BT009si and it is not able to
establish a SCO connection with my headset. hciconfig hci0 revision gives
"unsupported manufacturer". Do you know if your dongle might work with
2.6.11 fedora core 4 and BT400 G5 headset?

Thanks.

Manmohan.

> Ciao,
>
> I'm trying to use Jabra BT 250v with skype. The headset connect trough a
> USB-BT key, that I know it's working because I used already with other
> devices.
>
> My laptop has a Debian unstable, and I followed the instruction of the
> Bluetooth-alsa project. I could load the module snd_bt_sco, and the
> output of some commands are here:
>
> # hcitool scan
> Scanning ...
> 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF Jabra BT 250v
>
> # btsco -v 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF
> btsco v0.4
> Device is 2:0
> Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
> Assuming channel 2
>
> Voice setting: 0x0060
> Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied
>
> # hciconfig -a
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:244 acl:0 sco:0 events:30 errors:0
> TX bytes:384 acl:0 sco:0 commands:22 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'Titanic-0'
> Class: 0x3e0100
> Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
> 0x20d
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> # hciconfig hci0
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:521 acl:0 sco:0 events:33 errors:0
> TX bytes:393 acl:0 sco:0 commands:25 errors:0
>
> # hciconfig hci0 revision
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:11:95:7D:83:E9 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> HCI 16.4
> Chip version: BlueCore02-External
> Max key size: 56 bit
> SCO mapping: HCI
>
> # hcitool info 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF
> Requesting information ...
> Can't create connection: Input/output error
>
> I searched for the "SDP server" error but I could not get suitable
> informations. Has anybody an hint about?
>
> Thanks in advance
> --
> --- _ o | Sembra di sentirlo ancora dire al |
> / immi --- _/\_> | mercante di liquori: tu che lo vendi cosa |
> (_/ - O,> / O | ti compri di migliore? FdA |

by Brad Midgley

hi

> # btsco -v 00:07:A4:14:0F:BF
> btsco v0.4
> Device is 2:0
> Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
> Assuming channel 2

It looks like you need to remove the link keys so the pairing can get
reset. There's something about that in the http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.org
page.

Brad