2005-11-25 19:26:05

by Ketil Froyn

Subject: [Bluez-users] hidd says: Can't open HIDP control socket: No such file or directory

Hello,

I am running a Debian 3.1 system with bluez-utils 2.15-1.1 and kernel
2.4.27-2-686. I have a billionton bluetooth USB adapter (Vendor=0a5c
ProdID=200a Rev= 0.01), and it seems to work fine.

However, when I run hidd, I get the following error message:

Can't open HIDP control socket: No such file or directory

I straced hidd, and it seems to be caused by this operation:

socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, 6) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or how I can fix this?

Cheers,
Ketil Froyn
[email protected]
http://ketil.froyn.name/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ketil,

> I am running a Debian 3.1 system with bluez-utils 2.15-1.1 and kernel
> 2.4.27-2-686. I have a billionton bluetooth USB adapter (Vendor=0a5c
> ProdID=200a Rev= 0.01), and it seems to work fine.
>
> However, when I run hidd, I get the following error message:
>
> Can't open HIDP control socket: No such file or directory
>
> I straced hidd, and it seems to be caused by this operation:
>
> socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, 6) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or how I can fix this?

load the hidp kernel module if it is available. Otherwise switch to a
recent 2.6 kernel.

Regards

Marcel