2005-12-19 14:11:11

by Pavel Fedin

Subject: [Bluez-users] CSR BC212 serial dongle

Hi all!
Can anyone tell me how i can use my serial<>BlueTooth adapter based on CSR BC212 under Linux?

Kind regards.

by Pavel Fedin

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] CSR BC212 serial dongle

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>> Can anyone tell me how i can use my serial<>BlueTooth adapter based on CSR BC212 under Linux?
>

> I personally think that it won't work as generic Bluetooth device, but I
> don't have enough details to say that for sure.

Ah, yes. I've studied datasheets and learned that BC212 is not a finished device with known
functionality, it's just a bluetooth-oriented MCU into which every OEM can put its own firmware and
create any devices they like.

Kind regards.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pavel,

> Can anyone tell me how i can use my serial<>BlueTooth adapter based on CSR BC212 under Linux?

I personally think that it won't work as generic Bluetooth device, but I
don't have enough details to say that for sure.

Regards

Marcel