2006-03-15 00:29:17

by Michael Alladin

Subject: [Bluez-users] Multimedia keys (Microsoft keyboard)

Hi,

I've posted to the group before but this issue still persists.

Multimedia keys (Media, Mail, Sleep, Calculator, etc) are not working.
Beside that, the keyboard works excellent.

'hidd --show' reports that both keyboard and mouse are in boot protocol
mode. However, hcidump does not show anything being sent, that includes raw
mode.

They keyboard has F-Lock button, which is supposed to switch functional keys
i.e. F1 becomes Help, F2 becomes Undo, etc. When I push Flock to enable
these functions, F-keys stop producing events as well. Press F-Lock again to
unlock and F-keys work fine again.

Could it be possible that some special mode needs to be enabled? Multimedia
keys seem to work in windows xp without needing to press anything.

thanks!

by Nicolas STRANSKY

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Multimedia keys (Microsoft keyboard)

Le 03/15/2006 09:04 PM, Sebastian Be?ler a ?crit :

> I am still waiting for the happy day when the kernel-gurus add this
> wonderful piece of code to the official kernel. Even -mm would make me
> happy....

Yes, this would make me happy too, but Marcel said once that this is not
gonna happen. It's a shame.
Here are his words:
"it is not a clean patch after all. It is a hack and this is
something that shouldn't be in mainline."

--
Nico
Ne for?ons point notre talent ;

by Sebastian Beßler

Michael Alladin wrote:

> Could it be possible that some special mode needs to be enabled? Multimedia
> keys seem to work in windows xp without needing to press anything.

You need to apply the kernel patch found here
http://www.bluez.org/patches.html and rebuild your kernel.

The keyboard then shouldn't be running in boot-protocol-mode anymore and
the multimedia-keys can be assigned to what ever you want.

I am still waiting for the happy day when the kernel-gurus add this
wonderful piece of code to the official kernel. Even -mm would make me
happy....

Sebastian