2006-08-27 11:36:46

by Marco Pracucci

Subject: [Bluez-users] Cross compiling bluez-utils dependancies (dbus)

Dear list,

I have cross compiled (for ARM) latests bluez-libs and openobex libs,
but I can't cross compile dbus (required for bluez-utils). I have posted
a message to dbus mailing list, but I can't get any reply.

Dbus configure script fails when cross compiling, because it tries to
compile and *run* several test programs (for example, to check for
getpwnam_r function).

---
./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/path --with-expat
[...]
checking for posix getpwnam_r... configure: error: cannot run test
program while cross compiling
---

Did you ever cross compiled dbus and bluez-utils?

Thanks,
Marco Pracucci

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Marco,

> I have cross compiled (for ARM) latests bluez-libs and openobex libs,
> but I can't cross compile dbus (required for bluez-utils). I have posted
> a message to dbus mailing list, but I can't get any reply.
>
> Dbus configure script fails when cross compiling, because it tries to
> compile and *run* several test programs (for example, to check for
> getpwnam_r function).

you might wanna report this on the D-Bus mailing list and not here.

> Did you ever cross compiled dbus and bluez-utils?

Since the Nokia 770 uses D-Bus and BlueZ, it seems that some people did
this and also made a product out of it.

Regards

Marcel