2006-09-19 10:43:47

by joakim

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] a2play and btsco questions

[email protected] writes:

I tried the a2dpd daemon as per Brad:s suggestion, but Im having
difficulties. The build and install went ok.

This is my configuration:
~/.asoundrc
pcm.headphone {
type a2dp
bdaddr "00:16:B8:0E:8B:15"
}

~/.a2dprc
[a2dpd]
address=00:16:B8:0E:8B:15
cmdplay=echo play
cmdnext=echo next
cmdpause=echo pause
cmdprev=echo prev
cmdnew=echo cmdnew
logfile=/tmp/a2dpdlog

then I start a2dpd

then I test with:
mplayer -ao alsa:device=headphone 01.mp3

alsa-init: using device headphone
DEBUG: _snd_pcm_a2dp_open: name headphone mode 0
DEBUG: _snd_pcm_a2dp_open: bdaddr/dest is 00:16:B8:0E:8B:15
DEBUG: a2dp_alloc: init
DEBUG: a2dp_connect: a2dp 0xa3b75b8 (sk=0, control_sk=0)
DEBUG: connect_stream: Using address: 15:8B:0E:B8:16:00
DEBUG: detect_a2dp: Found A2DP Sink
DEBUG: connect_stream: Found A2DP Sink at the destination
DEBUG: do_connect: Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
DEBUG: connect_stream: Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
DEBUG: connect_stream: couldn't get avdtp_discover

So something goes wrong

a2dpd has this to say:
a2dpd
Cannot open /dev/input/uinput: No such file or directory
a2dpd [Sep 19 2006 11:50:59] starting ...a2dpd addr=00:16:B8:0E:8B:15
timer=4000 us [Sep 19 2006 11:50:59]
setscheduler returns -1 (errno=1:Operation not permitted)
main_thread:Accepting incoming tcp stream connection
New connection to bluetooth [44100 hz]
avrcp: Accepting incoming connection
avdtp: Accepting incoming connection

the device works in stereo with a2dplay

> Brad Midgley <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> joakim
>>
>>> I'm using my HBH-DS970 headset with a2play, and it works nicely.
>>> However, I would also like o use the daemon functionality of the btsco
>>> key daemon at the same time, so as to control playback with the
>>> headset butons. Is this possible?
>>
>> well it might be possible for you to hack something together using the
>> btsco settings file.
>>
>> if your headset supports avrcp, you should be able to use the alsa
>> plugin and a2dpd daemon to control playback. that would be more flexible.
>
> According to the docs I need a2play to play stereo, since the
> HBH-DS970 supports stereo. Has this requirement changed? It would be
> much nicer wih a proper alsa device of course.
>

>> brad

>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash

> Joakim Verona
> http://www.verona.se

Joakim Verona
http://www.verona.se