2008-10-16 19:58:25

by menno

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluez 4.XX pincode authorisation HOW can i use it??

Hello Marcel,

I hope that i can send you this question about bluez. I search all over
the internet but i cant find a solution to resolve tghis problem.

When i use the new apt-get version 4.10 bluez on debian, this will work
OK. But the only problem is my phone (Motorola L6) doesn't accept any
pincode from the linux box.

Before i create a file named hcid.conf and put a pin in it or i use the
pin-helper application (tar.gz file in the doc directory). This works well
for the normal 3.X version.

The version 4.XX has currently on debian no HCID application and therefore
there is also no hcid.conf in the /etc/bluetooth directory with a pincode.
Also the passkey application (who i transfer from the old bluez 3.X
version to the new one) doesn;t work also NOT and give various errors.

Can you give me a solution that i can create a pincode on my linux box and
that my mobile phone accept them with the bluez 4.X version in the command
prompt (i use no KDE or Gnome).

I hope that you can answer me, because i think this is a really problem in
the new bluez version.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,
Menno

by Jelle de Jong

Johan Hedberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you want to pair devices from the command line you can e.g. use the
> simple-agent python script (in the test subdirectory of bluez):
> ./simple-agent hci0 <remote address>
> It will ask you for the pin on stdin.
>
> Johan

Thank you Johan that helped a lot with one of my devices,

python .simple-agent.py hci0 00:1A:80:AB:0A:B1

the simple-agent script can be found at the bluez git in its testing
directory: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git

Best regards,

Jelle

by Johan Hedberg

menno van der klein wrote:
> Hello Marcel,
>
> I hope that i can send you this question about bluez. I search all over
> the internet but i cant find a solution to resolve tghis problem.
>
> When i use the new apt-get version 4.10 bluez on debian, this will work
> OK. But the only problem is my phone (Motorola L6) doesn't accept any
> pincode from the linux box.
>
> Before i create a file named hcid.conf and put a pin in it or i use the
> pin-helper application (tar.gz file in the doc directory). This works well
> for the normal 3.X version.
>
> The version 4.XX has currently on debian no HCID application and therefore
> there is also no hcid.conf in the /etc/bluetooth directory with a pincode.
> Also the passkey application (who i transfer from the old bluez 3.X
> version to the new one) doesn;t work also NOT and give various errors.
>
> Can you give me a solution that i can create a pincode on my linux box and
> that my mobile phone accept them with the bluez 4.X version in the command
> prompt (i use no KDE or Gnome).
>
> I hope that you can answer me, because i think this is a really problem in
> the new bluez version.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
> Menno

I have the same problem with one of my devices, so I am going to second
this request.

Thanks in advance,

Jelle