2006-10-27 01:46:20

by Jaime Alberto Silva

Subject: [Bluez-users] SPAM IN THE LIST

This is the kind of message I got from the list, Am I the only one? Where
can I report it? Can someone do something about it???

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: xbbNew <[email protected]>
Date: Oct 26, 2006 12:36 PM
Subject: [Bluez-users] Basic Care Iran
To: [email protected]

Spelljust how Good Italy is Getdining is Wine xbbjust in Chef Bookpuff
Magic Lasting Crunch Less Scenthome xbbat roz Chast Phobic?
Spelljust how Good Italy is Getdining is Wine xbbjust in Chef Bookpuff Magic
Lasting Crunch Less Scenthome xbbat roz Chast Phobic?
[image: SingleSex]
Entry Officials From North Readers Opinions Share or lawmakers marriages is
civil Post Comments in Series Rain Cominggame of postponed a tonight because
of ap ampreuters xbbstocks Advance Early Trading minutes.
Was race card close battle Senate seat ad Video a Caucus?
Marketreal amp Stylehome Gamesfirst Networknyc in Public gay Marriage
Backers Hope Sway nj David in states Supreme of Court gave days decide
whether samesex in unions of will be called marriage Both sides.
Card close battle Senate a seat am ad Video Caucus Fifth Down Blog Giants
Cowboys followed is.
Function loadwindow am Tour Login Account Messages Community Settings Guide
Works in faq?
Complete each mini am game Time Attack need of reach princess peach before
runs out Kill of a marios enemies or with shotgun poo Fight Avoid being.
View rate of comment cars Also is events Automotive Calendar car Listings
Tristate dealer price of quotes reviews Sell a Jobs Employers online print
Browse industry location Lifes Work road fully?
Messages Community Settings a Guide Works faq Member Feedback a Terms
Conditions is completely quick easy simply of scroll fields a Create!

Jaime Alberto Silva

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.25 kB)
(No filename) (3.22 kB)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Thomas Kear

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] SPAM IN THE LIST

That url gets attached to the bottom of list messages, is an
unsubscribe option there

On 28/10/06, James Blackwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Speaking of list access, how does one unsubscribe from the list? They seem
> to do something different than the traditional "mail request, respond
> verify". I tried sending an unsubscribe request to
> [email protected] and got an invalid password.

by jblack

--
My home page: <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net">James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400 F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D 247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Jose Bernardo Silva

Unfortunately, I think the only option is closing the mailing list to
subscribers only. The same happened in the many mailing lists..

2006/10/27, Manuel Naranjo <[email protected]>:
> Thomas Kear wrote:
> > I've been getting it too. I've been attemptiong (in vain it seems) to train
> > gmail's spam filter by reporting everything that hits my inbox, but it looks
> > like I'm going to have to look for a more serious solution in KMail.
> >
> > The ideal solution would be for the list admins to close posting access to
> > only people registered on the list, this seems to have stemmed the similar
> > flood of nonsense that was plaguing the inkscape-devel mailing list.
> >
> All of us are getting a lot of Spam. This is because SourceForge don't
> have very good Spam filters. I don't think that closing the mailing list
> to only registered people can be an option, but we should find a way to
> contribute with SourceForge to end with this, the same is happening in
> another list that I'm suscribed Linux-Usb-(devel or user)
> Cheers,

by Manuel Naranjo

Thomas Kear wrote:
> I've been getting it too. I've been attemptiong (in vain it seems) to train
> gmail's spam filter by reporting everything that hits my inbox, but it looks
> like I'm going to have to look for a more serious solution in KMail.
>
> The ideal solution would be for the list admins to close posting access to
> only people registered on the list, this seems to have stemmed the similar
> flood of nonsense that was plaguing the inkscape-devel mailing list.

All of us are getting a lot of Spam. This is because SourceForge don't
have very good Spam filters. I don't think that closing the mailing list
to only registered people can be an option, but we should find a way to
contribute with SourceForge to end with this, the same is happening in
another list that I'm suscribed Linux-Usb-(devel or user)

by Thomas Kear

I've been getting it too. I've been attemptiong (in vain it seems) to train
gmail's spam filter by reporting everything that hits my inbox, but it looks
like I'm going to have to look for a more serious solution in KMail.

The ideal solution would be for the list admins to close posting access to
only people registered on the list, this seems to have stemmed the similar
flood of nonsense that was plaguing the inkscape-devel mailing list.

--Thomas

On Friday 27 October 2006 2:46 pm, Jaime Alberto Silva wrote:
> This is the kind of message I got from the list, Am I the only one? Where
> can I report it? Can someone do something about it???
> [snip]

Attachments:
(No filename) (661.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)