2006-12-12 19:30:48

by Hans Juergen Gamauf

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with RFCOMM/Socket and security

Hello to all!

I'm working with an Embedded System (Arm 9, Linux 2.6.17.3, Uart
Bluetooth Module from Bluegiga WT11) with Bluez, but without using
/etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
I'm starting it with

/usr/sbin/hciattach /dev/ttyS1 csr 115200
/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up

and can set it up using hciconfig (currently I only set the name)

Now I want to establish a simple RFCOMM-Socket-Connection between two of
these systems through

////// Server
_sock = socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM);
loc_addr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
loc_addr.rc_bdaddr = *BDADDR_ANY;
loc_addr.rc_channel = (uint8_t) 1;
bind(_sock, (struct sockaddr *)&loc_addr, sizeof(loc_addr));
listen(_sock, 1);
_clientSock = accept(_sock, (struct sockaddr *)&rem_addr, (socklen_t*)&opt);

Everything works fine!

But now I want to Authenticate and Encrypt this Connection, so I inserted

opt = RFCOMM_LM_AUTH|RFCOMM_LM_ENCRYPT;
setsockopt(_sock, SOL_RFCOMM, RFCOMM_LM, &opt, sizeof(opt));

after creating the socket, both on the server and the client, but now
the connection cannot be established, of course, the pin is missing
but where can I introduce it? I have no hcid.conf, so no pin_helper and
so on, is it possible to tell bluez the pin through this programm?

One little other problem:
I have many clients, and I want that only one connection at a time can
be established, but when one client is talking to the server, the next
client can establish it (connect returns 0) and can send the data, but I
don't know who receives the data
Is it possible to reject the connection from the server if he is dealing
already a client?

Thank you in advance!

regards,

Hans Juergen