2007-01-28 22:18:56

by Mike Klein

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to route all sound to bluetooth audio device?

I was able to get bluetooth sound out via aplayer? with a special
parameter...but I would think there would be general setting in
Preferences->Audio to do something like pick a different device for audio.

When I load bt...I get additional mixer panel in the gnome alsa mixer?
for bluetooth...but there's no selection to force sound to this device.

Am I missing something or is this functionality still somewhat hit/miss?
I am using latest Ubuntu release.

thanks in advance...

mike klein

by Brad Midgley

Mike

> I was able to get bluetooth sound out via aplayer? with a special
> parameter...but I would think there would be general setting in
> Preferences->Audio to do something like pick a different device for audio.

assuming you mean a2dp... iirc, in .asoundrc, it's

pcm.!default {
type a2dpd
}

brad