2007-02-23 11:26:09

by Marco Pracucci

Subject: [Bluez-users] Timeout on sdp_connect()

Hi,

I would like to set a timeout on sdp_connect(), because the default
socket timeout is too high for my application. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,
Marco Pracucci

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Timeout on sdp_connect()

Hi Marco,

> >> I would like to set a timeout on sdp_connect(), because the default
> >> socket timeout is too high for my application. Is there any way to do it?
> >
> > my guess is that you wanna modify the page timeout. Look up on that.
> >
> No.
> Sometimes it happens that the paging is done successfully but, for any
> reason, the L2CAP connection to the remote SDP server fails with a
> "Connection timeout". This could happen when the remote device exits
> from the coverage area of the device that created the connection.
> However, the default timeout is too high for my application, so I would
> like to decrease it. Is there any way to do it?

if I remember correctly then this is hardcoded into the SDP part of the
Bluetooth library.

Regards

Marcel

by Marco Pracucci