2007-03-14 18:41:35

by Jared Kidd

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth seemed to stop working for me recently...

I am on a Gentoo system with bluez-libs-3.9 and bluez-utils-3.9
installed. It had been working perfectly up until a few days ago. I
haven't changed the kernel but may have updated other system packages.
I just tried recompiling and installing the bluez stuff but it is still
doing the same thing. Below is the output of the system log showing
what is printed when I start the bluetooth services and the output on
the console when I try to do a bluetooth scan. I had been using that
little gnome bluetooth applet version 0.6 to take care of paring and a
few bluetooth options. It used to be able to set my computer
discoverable settings but now once I change the setting in that applet,
the setting is right back to where it used to be when I look at it again.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here? Is the dbus communication
somehow broken?

Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Bluetooth HCI daemon
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] HCI dev 0 registered
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] HCI dev 0 already up
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Device hci0 has been added
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Starting security manager 0
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Can't write inquiry mode for hci0: Input/output
error (5)
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Getting name failed with status 0x0c
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Default passkey agent (:1.20, /org/bluez/applet)
registered
Mar 14 11:31:33 [hcid] Getting scan enable failed with status 0x0c
White-Rabbit layman # hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:16:CF:D7:AE:62
White-Rabbit layman # hcitool scan