2007-05-17 16:22:11

by Jared Kidd

Subject: [Bluez-users] How do I enable rfcomm?

I installed the blues-3.10 version in Gentoo but it doesn't start the
rfcomm stuff. I have rfcomm.conf set up to bind to my phone. It used
to work before with a previous version and I am pretty sure I just don't
have the config set to enable it this time around. Where do I set that?

Thanks for any help.

by Ismael Valladolid Torres

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] How do I enable rfcomm?

Marcel Holtmann escribe:
> the next bluez-utils release will provide a nice D-Bus interface to make
> that a lot easier and deprecate the use of rfcomm at all. Until then
> simply call "rfcomm bind all".

Then you can use "rfcomm -a" or simply "rfcomm" to check whether
they've been binded properly.

Take into account that "bind" and "connect" are different verbs!

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres m. +34679156321
La media hostia j. [email protected]

http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I installed the blues-3.10 version in Gentoo but it doesn't start the
> rfcomm stuff. I have rfcomm.conf set up to bind to my phone. It used
> to work before with a previous version and I am pretty sure I just don't
> have the config set to enable it this time around. Where do I set that?

the next bluez-utils release will provide a nice D-Bus interface to make
that a lot easier and deprecate the use of rfcomm at all. Until then
simply call "rfcomm bind all".

Regards

Marcel