2007-06-04 12:59:01

by Przemysław Jakubowski

Subject: [Bluez-users] Max connections

Hi all

I'm programming bluetooth connections with Java using Avetana library.
Is there a possibility to change bluetooth properties??
Under windows with built-in bluetooth adapter in my laptop, i've got
bluetooth.connected.devices.max: 7.
But in linux using bluetake dongle i've got only
bluetooth.connected.devices.max: 1
So once again , is there a possibility to change this value, or maybe
it depends on operation system or kernel version??

Greetings

by Marco Pracucci

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Max connections

Hi,
> I tested application with several cell phones, and under Windows i've
> got connection on everyone at the same time, but on linux i have to
> confirm on one phone and then i've got connection to another.
What do you mean with "I have to confirm on one phone and that I've got
connection to another"? Do you have to insert PIN code? Do you just have
to confirm a "notify message"? Please, explain it.
> The same
> situation is with bluetooth.sd.trans.max, i can transfer file only to
> one cell(under windows and linux).

I have used avetana bluetooth in the past and I've got not problem. I'm
quite sure that it supports multiple/concurrent connections, obviously
until 7 remote devices. Moreover, that also a look at here:
http://download.pracucci.com/java/jbluetooth/ (it's an experimental
library, based on avetana).

Marco

by Przemysław Jakubowski

2007/6/4, Marco Pracucci <[email protected]>:
> Hi
> > But in linux using bluetake dongle i've got only
> > bluetooth.connected.devices.max: 1
> >
> Don't worry. You can connect until 7 remote devices with your dongle,
> also under Linux. The value of the property is not correct, but it will
> not affect any feature.
>
> Marco

Hi

I tested application with several cell phones, and under Windows i've
got connection on everyone at the same time, but on linux i have to
confirm on one phone and then i've got connection to another. The same