2007-07-18 19:30:18

by Kasper Revsbech

Subject: [Bluez-users] BNEP transferrate limitation?

Hey we are using BNEP as a part of our student project but we have
reached a limitation on the transfer speed of approx 8 KB/s. We have
tried to switch the hardware dongles but it is still the same. We have
another scheme where we use the L2CAP layer directly trough a socket
with the the BNEP profile. This gives the same limit. If we use the same
hardware dongles with a OBEX transfer we can reach much higher limitations.
Therefore we would like to know if it is a known limitation on the BNEP
profile or if there is known limitations with some of the drivers.

Kind regards:
Kasper Revsbech

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BNEP transferrate limitation?

Hi Kasper,

> Hey we are using BNEP as a part of our student project but we have
> reached a limitation on the transfer speed of approx 8 KB/s. We have
> tried to switch the hardware dongles but it is still the same. We have
> another scheme where we use the L2CAP layer directly trough a socket
> with the the BNEP profile. This gives the same limit. If we use the same
> hardware dongles with a OBEX transfer we can reach much higher limitations.
> Therefore we would like to know if it is a known limitation on the BNEP
> profile or if there is known limitations with some of the drivers.

there exists no such limitation. The BNEP support works perfectly fine
and you might have messed up the packet type settings. Don't modify
them, because BlueZ knows what to do.

Regards

Marcel