2007-07-27 15:00:35

by Hamid MENOUAR

Subject: [Bluez-users] no bluetooth devices is detected

Dear bluez users,

In order to make my laptop (OS: Fedora Core 2) communicate with some
bluetooth device through an ANYCOM Bluetooth USB Adapter, I have installed
the Bluez packages (bluez-libs bluez-libs bluez-utils bluez-hcidump
bluez-utils-cups).

But, when trying to detect nearby active bluetooth devices, using "hcitool
scan" non of the devices are detected, wheras the same configuration works
very well with windows.

so, that's what I get on my terminal:

>[root@localhost root]# hciconfig
>hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:16:38:CA:56:A8 ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
> UP RUNNING
> RX bytes:93 acl:0 sco:0 events:12 errors:0
> TX bytes:296 acl:0 sco:0 commands:12 errors:0
>
>[root@localhost root]# hcitool scan
>Scanning ...
>Inquiry failed: Connection timed out

One more thing is that, when loading the bluez module it says that the
module is not found

>[root@localhost root]# modprobe bluez
>FATAL: Module bluez not found.

It would be very much helpful if someone knows how to solve the problem.

Thanks so much in advance,
Menouar

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.06 kB)
(No filename) (1.49 kB)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Hamid MENOUAR

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] no bluetooth devices is detected

Thank you for your answer,
I just tried to make "hciconfig hci0 reset" as you said but it says
that "can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)"

in follow what I got on my teminal :

>[root@localhost root]# hciconfig hci0 reset
>Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
>[root@localhost root]#
>[root@localhost root]# hciconfig
>hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:16:38:CA:56:A8 ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
> DOWN
> RX bytes:111 acl:0 sco:0 events:15 errors:0
> TX bytes:318 acl:0 sco:0 commands:16 errors:0
>[root@localhost root]#
>[root@localhost root]# hciconfig hci0 up
>Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
>[root@localhost root]#

What can I do to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance
Menouar